• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team # 5 Date Breakers

IceHawk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely an excellent job Nightcrawler. Congrats on a very nice bird. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the story. Cooter you better register your bird in case Icehawk doesn't get his registered.

the week was a week of getting busted, i swear my camo was glow-in-the-dark. seen birds on every sit, toms to far out and hens on top of me, nothing like having live dekes. decoys and calling stopped the toms in their tracks and would hang up.

Wed nite put 3 hens and 1 tom to roost.

Thursday morning situp tight up to the roost next to a freshly dugup corn field. 6:15 4 hens flew down right over my son and I landing 20 ft. in front of us.they then fed their way down the field.

Two toms gobbled up to 20yds from us in the wood then turned around and left. [well, my week all over agian.]

THEN we decided to make a move on them,got out in the open ,THEN out steps 3 hens and the 2 toms struting and starting gobbling. we freeze,,,,,, the hens look then head to field and start to feed, toms do not move???

OUT pops a HOT hen clucking and goes right out in the field all 80yds from us and move down the field. we melt to the ground and get cover. 20 min.later they feed past us 25yds 8 hens then the tom. BOOM, dropped like a rock. was great to have my son take the day off and be with me. made my hunt.

Good job Nightcrawler and great story. I'll bet your son thought that was pretty cool when you dropped the hammer on that tom and with all the action going on. Defintely a nice upgrade for the Datebreakers.

the last 4 years in hunting N.Y. state have been hunting this one bird . he lived in a 40 acre swamp with 5 ft cane grass all around it.could call him up to but not in gun range or cicrle around. he didn't MY decoyes.

Bro-in-law calls , says the last day of the season , a 12 year old and his dad , put out a hen deke, crawled in my nest , 2 scrapes on the box call, HE comes running out of the swamp. 10 yds hammer down. young hunters frist turkey with proud a dad . 25.1/2 lbs , 1.1/2in. spurs, 12 in. beard.

now will have to go out and train another one.

I just snooped on the NWTF HSOforum and mine should score about 44 and Nightcrawlers 68. That should put us at a total of about 225 - or the lead for now. So if nobody else is playing possum like us....