Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hoyt4

NE Turkey Hunting

8 posts in this topic

Well I just got back and bagged two longbeards.Here are some pictures of the week.Weather was not the greatest.These where my first birds that I have shot in a blizzard or in snow.

09NE016.jpg

09NE008.jpg

09NE001.jpg

09NE013.jpg

09NE009.jpg

09NE017.jpg

09NE002.jpg

09NE004.jpg

09NE019.jpg

09NE018.jpg

a>

As of yesterday we have 7 birds down in camp.They will be there through today so I hope a few more birds are added.Weather was tough but sure was fun.Tuesday was 10 for morning high.Felt like I should of had my ice fishing gear with.

Way to go Hoyt! Looks like you guys had a pretty successful trip. What part of the state were you hunting? I've hunted down there in the snow a few times and although it makes for some pretty pictures, I'd much rather be hunting in single layers.

Congrats on the early birds!!! I really wanted to try NE this year but it didn't work out.

Nice job!

congrats and way to go for stickin it out in t he cold weather.

nice birds

Congrats on your success. I'll be going out there on the 22, in the northwest part of the state. If you don't mine me asking which part of the state did you hunt?

Hoyt4,

congrats on the birds. Awsome hunt. What kind of setup were you using? Decoys?

Good Luck in MN

Steve

Delzz7 we where in the norhteast part of the state.

Sorgy no decoy's I have not used a decoy in NE this early in 6 years.I do not even bring with anymore.I shot both out of the blind which is kind a first for me.I have taken most my birds with the bow out of the blind.Some aggressive calling it seems to work better when they are still flocked up.I pulled in both the lead hens for my birds.I copied her and then added more and that would get the girls fired up and come in looking for me.Loud cutting and yelps and the hens would do the same.

Hoyt,

Thanks for the info. Awsome hunt. Congrats again.

Steve