• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best depth finder to buy

jpettit

i amlooking to upgrade my depth finder, i only hit a couple different lakes a year, i currently have a eagle magna & wondering if the all in one with gps is the way to go or stick with a hand held h2o color? what is a good entry level combo or do i stick with just depth finder that allows for quick instant entering of marking spots were fish were opicked up. would like one that comes with good intructions or help to be able use without taking a college course. thanks for your input on your personal experiences.

As far as simple and ease of use go with the humminbird! I had a lowrance and switched to a bird and love it. Simple strait forward menus. Didn't even need the instructions to use it. If you can run a normal finder you can work one of these. Go to the GM or similar store and play with them a little. See what you like. I Found GM has the most units on display in my area. And buy the most expensive one you can comfortably afford. The bigger the screen the better.

For a lot of guys the combo unit is the way to go ....... but you said you only hit a few different lakes each year, and that you have a H2Oc handheld gps. In that case it might not be worth it for you to get a combo unit.

We've got a closeout deal going on for the x510c right now. That's really a nice unit, with a 5" color screen and 480x480 resolution, and easy to operate. And it's probably the best deal going right now because it's a closeout. Lowrance x510c

There's lots of other options too --- Lowrance, Eagle, Garmin and Humminbird all make good depthfinders. It really comes down to what you want to spend, and/or what features you want in terms of screen size, color or mono, screen resolution, etc. You can check them out at DepthFinders At Pro Fishing Supply.

If it turns out you're interested in a combo unit instead of a stand-alone depthfinder I can give you some suggestions in that area too. Hope that helps you out.