• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

guillotine broadheads

youngie22

Practice with them beforehand and make sure you put the plastic sleeves over the blades or they'll plain off. I like to setup a cucumber on an old arrow out in the yard. I have guillotines all set up to shoot, but I've only shot the Magnus Bullhead at turkeys. Good luck.

i asked the bow hunting specilist at scheels one day about them, his respones was both good and bad. he said they are good for the fact that it is a quick kil, but he also said they are hard to shoot like sticknstring says. the guy at scheels said the best way to get the most accurate flight is to use a store lenght arrow, with 4 inch vanes that have a big helix. i have watched alot of turkey hunts on tv and they all seem to be going to the rage 2 blade. just something to think about.

Plane off means as the arrow fly's it will start to go left or right off course. To solve this problem some of the broadhead manufatures of the gillotine style heads use straws over the blades so the blades don't act like a wing and steer the broadhead off course. My solution to this is shoot a retractable broadhead like the NAP Spitfire or Rage.

And to bring the law's into this the feathers,head and feet must remain on the wild turkey until registered in the state of minnesota. So if you use a gillotine style head and take it's head off it is an illegal bird according to the law.

I have been experimenting with this as well but with the bullhead. Just remember that you will need a stiffer arrow to shoot them. I had to order new arrows last week and they are not here yet. Good Luck and share your experience with us on how they work for you.