Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PostFrontal

Never owned an ATV-Help

10 posts in this topic

I haven't ever owned an ATV. I have a neighbor that has one in the garage she wants to get rid of. It's a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 Remington Addition. I hunt down by Rochester that has steep hills and slick soil when it gets wet. I would like to have something that would be able to make it up those hills normally as well as dragging deer up them. Would this ATV do the job?

Is there any problems that were associated with this ATV?

Also, neither of us have any idea what a fair value for it would be?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe that was a pretty solid machine. I have a buddy that just bought a 2000 Po-Po and loves it!!! for what you're looking to use it for, I'd see no problems with it!1

I ran a 99 Magnum Dad still has his 99 both ere great rigs. We used them out west elk hunting at high altitudes and no issues hauling 2 quartered elk. When I get another it will be another 500 Polaris.

I also have a neighbor (widow) who has a 2000 SP500 in the garage with only 380 miles on it. Not a Remington Addition though. Not sure they had that until a mid year model release (2000 1/2) when they offered the 500 in the H.O.

Fair market value depends on actual condition and miles on the machine. Seasonality will make a big difference. Closer to ice fishing season, a person could get a premium out of them.

Knowing the machine I mentioned above, it would be able to fetch $2800-3000 based on the condition.

yup they are good machines. sounds like its in great shape too.

there are alot of wheelers for sale out there right now, do some shopping to find a price range. they are selling real cheap

Do you know the history of its prior use? My main concern, would be how it was prepped if has been stored for a long time. Sitting a long while without being properly prepped can open up a big ol' can of worms including engine and drive train components.

She said her husband had used it to go get the mail when they lived in the country because he couldn't walk very well.

I have that identical machine. Best starting machine I've had or used.

the 500 should have more than enough power for what you will use it for. There is a site where you can get prices, think it is (nada) goggle it or just stop by your bank.