• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Never owned an ATV-Help

PostFrontal

I haven't ever owned an ATV. I have a neighbor that has one in the garage she wants to get rid of. It's a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 Remington Addition. I hunt down by Rochester that has steep hills and slick soil when it gets wet. I would like to have something that would be able to make it up those hills normally as well as dragging deer up them. Would this ATV do the job?

Is there any problems that were associated with this ATV?

Also, neither of us have any idea what a fair value for it would be?

Any help would be appreciated.

I also have a neighbor (widow) who has a 2000 SP500 in the garage with only 380 miles on it. Not a Remington Addition though. Not sure they had that until a mid year model release (2000 1/2) when they offered the 500 in the H.O.

Fair market value depends on actual condition and miles on the machine. Seasonality will make a big difference. Closer to ice fishing season, a person could get a premium out of them.

Knowing the machine I mentioned above, it would be able to fetch $2800-3000 based on the condition.

Do you know the history of its prior use? My main concern, would be how it was prepped if has been stored for a long time. Sitting a long while without being properly prepped can open up a big ol' can of worms including engine and drive train components.