• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on broken HMXT Fenwick Rod??

Does anyone know how the Fenwick warranty works??

I have a Fenwick, HMXT 80MHC 8' Rod, (3/4 - 3oz, 15 - 30 lb, MH) I was tossing some musky baits in the back yard last night my hooks snagged in the grass and then SNAP!!!! It broke right in half, just (2) equal pieces is what I have left. mad

I was not really fishing just blowing off some open water spring fever and now I have a broken rod. frown

Does anyone know if this would be covered under warranty??

Thanks for your input

It has a 5 yr warranty, when I sold them, we took them back no questions asked and gave the guy a new rod but not all retailers are created equal. You may have to send it in to Pure Fishing. They are one of the best companies out there when it comes to warranties.

You probably won't want to tell them that you did it in the yard, That's not covered and it's people breaking rods for stupid reasons that drive up prices and why in a couple years, they will probably eliminate rod warranties.

How 'bout this... Take the broken Fenwick, turn it into a fly swatter and pick up a

St. Croix! Great warranties, better rods, and a staff that has led the industry for years. The problem you run into when using equipment from companies that try to monopolize the industry, is that they care less about the consumer. You won't find that with St. Croix.

[Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Most my walleye rods are all either Fenwicks or Series One Berkleys, reason being I get them cheap and I have alot of them (30-40) But when I'm casting jigs theres a St Criox in my hands.

I started with 2 Fenwick HMX and a Techna AV rods when I started this muskie addiction, again I got them cheap under $100 for all. They have been long ago sold or broken and replaced with St Crioxs, G Loomis and my favorites Thorne Bros customs.

IMO the quality of Berkleys ( Pure Fishing) rods have fallen in the past few years, I still own a first year Series One thats as good a rod or better than my Avid that replaced it. After 20 years of use I decided the Series One would look better on the wall to remind me of all the great years it served me.

I hope they keep the quality up on the Peens since they own them now to.

I started with 2 Fenwick HMX and a Techna AV rods when I started this muskie addiction, again I got them cheap under $100 for all. They have been long ago sold or broken and replaced with St Crioxs, G Loomis and my favorites Thorne Bros customs.

IMO customs don't get much better than Lonnie's at Thornes! He is a master of his craft - I just ordered up a couple of the new St.Corix/Thorne Bros. Predator rods - The blanks felt pretty sweet!

I have been using Fenwick rods or years and have never had any problems with returning a damaged rod. If the rod was past it's warranty, they took the oringinal purchase price off the price a new rod.

"Ace"

I spoke with Pure Fishing today,

They just asked me to send it in and it would be 10 - 14 days to turn it around. I really don't think they fix it but I will report back in a few weeks with what I get back.

Thanks for all the replys and good luck on your early hunting Esox Mag...