• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Excelsior Bales in Twin Cities MN?

VMS

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone knows where I could purchase an excelsior bale here in the Twin cities. I know years ago I was able to purchase one from Bwana, but am unsure if they sell them anymore. Seems most places have gone to the foam block style which is nice for broadheads, but they just don't last all that long when you shoot consistently. The excelsior bales tighten back up when it rains, which helps to prolong the life, although broadheads are out with those...

Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

Steve

I'm not sure about the Excelsior bales, but do you have any city or county run archery ranges where you live? They have to order bales every year. They may be able to point you in the right direction or even have extra bales they'd be willing to sell.

A friend of mine made a permanent structure off the ground walls,sides,roof. It is about four foot wide, four foot tall three foot deep. Filled the hole thing with cloths. Got all the cloths at a church sale for around $20 bucks. Used a couple of 2x4s to make some kind of slide in on the front for several large peaces of cardboard. Then filled the hole thing with clothes. I believe he lined it with ceder to keep critters and bugs out. He packed the clothes in. He just has to replace the front card board peaces once or twice a year. He has been shooting at this set up for close to 15 years. Put a large front door on it to latch up when not in use. Made it large enough to shoot out to 80 yards. Shot at it many times over the years. Works great for field tips only of course. I hope to be building mine this year. Just an option

Mike