• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

South Park

mrklean

Is it just me or have the past few seasons of South Park gone way down hill. I use to watch all the old ones and laugh my butt off, now they just stink, i find nothing funny about this show anymore its sad. Is it just me or does anyone else out there think they have lost it?

It's really hit-and-miss now. This show is up there with SNL as far as cultural satire. It can be really good at times, but at times it can be kind of weak. Sometimes it seems like they are pressing too hard to make a point.

As Drewski mentioned it's really up and down now. I watched it all the time when I was in college when it was new and laughed my a$$ off, now I may watch it once a month.

One show that I think stays on top of its game is the simpsons, they have been on for years and with all the episodes they rerun, they will be on for another 20 years or so - I would guess.

I still watch every episode. There is usually one or two funny things that happen per episode. The last few seasons have not been as good as the first 10. I think there have been about 3 episodes per season that really have me laughing for most of the show. I did like the first new episode in March where Cartman accuses the Jews of creating the economic crisis. "Where's the cave Kyle?" Priceless. My favorite is wear Cartman is hall monitor and he is portrayed like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Quote:
Kanye says 'South Park' put him in check

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody, Ap Music Writer – Thu Apr 9, 6:08 pm ET

NEW YORK – "South Park" may have accomplished the impossible — getting Kanye West to check his ego.

The Comedy Central show skewered the famously self-important rapper on its show Wednesday night, painting him as a narcissistic figure so out of touch with reality he couldn't even take a (very politically incorrect) joke.

West's love of himself and his work has been almost as integral to his image as his music: Just last year, he told The Associated Press that he was the "voice of this generation." Also recently, he was quoted as saying his greatest regret was not being able to see himself perform live.

Yet, on his blog Thursday, West appeared chastened, and ready to turn over a new leaf.

In typical all-caps mode, he wrote: "SOUTH PARK MURDERED ME LAST NIGHT AND IT'S PRETTY FUNNY. IT HURTS MY FEELINGS BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM SOUTH PARK! I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER."

West said that he started stroking his ego long ago to build up his self esteem — but he now realizes he needs to "GET PAST MYSELF."

In the self-reflective post, he said that people won't take him seriously if he keeps it up (perhaps referring to his well-documented meltdowns at awards shows when he didn't win what he expected).

"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," he said.

And perhaps to show that he's really serious about making that change, he provided a link to one of the most biting moments from the "South Park" show, and thanked the writers as well.

Yep its all a bunch of junk now!!! I mean how hard can it be to be funny in todays world when you got a week to think about it????? I guess if I look at it in hind site and try to think of slams on todays world I got no problem finding funny stuff.

I agree, both South Park and SNL have realy gone down hill in the last few years.

With that said, I still love the, "No Kitty!!! Thats my pot pie"!!!!!!!

As well as, "Beef cake"... "Sweat". and "Get me down from Huah"..

I thought the one with McCain and Obama and the one about "cheeseing" from last year were very funny. Also the one with the Margaritaville Blender that explained the downfall of the economy was good too. But yes they are hit and miss.

They have fallen off somewhat but not as bad as the Simpsons. The older (starting Season 3 or 4) Simpson's are WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the ones they put out recently.

FYI

There's a HSOforum called Hulu dot com that you can watch movies, TV shows and all sorts of stuff for free streaming. Just in case you guys missed the episode of SP or anything for that matter.