Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matthothand

digital scale- berkley FS30

5 posts in this topic

Anybody familiar with the Berkley FS30 digital scale? I'm wondering how accurate it truly is (not just how accurate they claim to be). Accuracy is my biggest concern but I also am wondering how water resistant it is. I don't plan on getting it wet but given the nature of fishing it's a possibility. I don't want a few drops of water to result in instant failure. Any other critiques would be great!

I think todays digital scales are extremely accurate and that Berkely looks pretty awesome. I was thinking about getting the 100# Berkely but the price scared me a bit.

I have the Rapala 50lb Digital and its quite accurate even with the lower weights below 2 pounds.

I have a berkley scale that is scary accurate.. its not the model that you listed, but I would say its fairly accurate.

i have the 50lb scale and its spot on.. not to sure about the water proofing but mine got dropped in the lake and it still works..

i personally will never go back to berkley scales. the do not stand up to abuse very well. i went through 4 of them last year. i bought a rapala pro guide scale RGSDS-50 (50lb) a while ago. it has a back light, its water resistant, holds up to 10 fish in its memory. very easy to use, and very acurate. and for the same price as the berkley scales, but alot more and better features