Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
matthothand

digital scale- berkley FS30

Anybody familiar with the Berkley FS30 digital scale? I'm wondering how accurate it truly is (not just how accurate they claim to be). Accuracy is my biggest concern but I also am wondering how water resistant it is. I don't plan on getting it wet but given the nature of fishing it's a possibility. I don't want a few drops of water to result in instant failure. Any other critiques would be great!

I think todays digital scales are extremely accurate and that Berkely looks pretty awesome. I was thinking about getting the 100# Berkely but the price scared me a bit.

I have the Rapala 50lb Digital and its quite accurate even with the lower weights below 2 pounds.

i personally will never go back to berkley scales. the do not stand up to abuse very well. i went through 4 of them last year. i bought a rapala pro guide scale RGSDS-50 (50lb) a while ago. it has a back light, its water resistant, holds up to 10 fish in its memory. very easy to use, and very acurate. and for the same price as the berkley scales, but alot more and better features