Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinchicks

Goofy Grackel

7 posts in this topic

This was taken Sunday morning. If you look closely, you will see the grackel on opposite side of the feeder, peeking out. I have been sick, and have a sick kid at home, so I haven't gotten a shot with no snow. This is heavily cropped, therefore not very clear. Just shows the how goofy the grackels are this spring.

3423674771_773a11c388_o.jpg

I like how you Photoshoped out all that nasty white stuff grin

I just used the new plug-in "snow remover". Works better than the red-eye remover, don't ya think? gringrin

My grackles have always taken over the feeders in the spring--I finally give up and put most away, since they throw most of it on the ground. Luckily they get busy with their grackle business and wander off later on.

For me, the grackles go nutso in late August/early September. I have had as many as 100 grackles at those times.

I like that snow-removal plug in. gringrin

Being on the farm, we generally don't have grackels at the feeders. There is typically enough grain spilled on the ground around here that there is plenty for them to eat. We had a few hundred RW black birds mixed in with the grackels last week, so maybe most of the spring spillage has been cleaned up already.