• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunl?

hartner62

Ok...first it's a copy of a rhino, ranger etc.,. So we will put ethics aside. Second, the closest dealer I found on their HSOforum was Tulsa OK.. What does that mean for warranty work? I bought one of these knockoffs for my 8 year old. Piece of Bovine Pie! It's fine for her but now way would I want one for going over, under, around the ugly stuff. Poor components, cheap steel/aluminum. Actually had a bolt break on her axle! These I'm guessing will have zero resale value. Why not by a used Ranger/Rhino for the same price?

In closing as someone who works in manufacturing and sees what US companies go through...buy american.

A few years back, a chinese knock-off manufacturer was sued by Yamaha because their machines looked exactly like a Yamaha Raptor. I don't recall which one it was.

Some of the foreign brands will be ok, but there's some you just need to avoid.

Thanks for the info. The dealer is in Isanti that he talked to. Does anyone have any experience with the adult models? We all know that you get what you pay for but when you are paying around 4K for a 09 700 it really peaks your interest.

I would think of it as if I had to rely on it for transportation. Example, I am out at 10PM on a frozen lake (Not sure if one ice fishes or not), cell phone rings and there is an EMERGENCY at home. Or, a storm is coming and you have to get out of the field/woods/bog/ditch.

What would your confidence level be? Will you trust it to perform and be reliable?

In my eyes, if the answer is "Yes" then pull the trigger. If not...

All machines fail at one time or another. The odds rely on engineering, field testing and customer feedback and or recalls. If the company fixes or redesigns the model to remedy, who knows?

Trust your heart. Will you be happy/confident after the purchase?

river-rat4

In all honesty do not buy it, you will very much regret it later. I would rather own a used one that is a name brand if you only want to spend 4k. You can find many 05's for around that price in the 700cc range.

I bought a youth model from the guy in Isanti for my daughter. have not had a problem with it at all...granted she is easy on it, and i take good care of it. like said above, I wouldn't want to be stuck 5 miles out on Mille Lacs and "NEED" to get back to shore and it fails me. I'd agree with the statements above, get a used Arctic Cat/Polaris/Yamaha....... for the same price.