• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Footwear

TonkaBass

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend told me she wouldn't talk to me anymore if I got crocs...

Hey....it's your story, tell it how you like. wink

The Merrels and Keens are a bit out of my price range. Those Shimano sandals that Deits mentioned looked interesting.

Originally Posted By: Duffman

I'm guessing skirts are also very comfortable......... winksmile

How many times do I have to tell you guys it's a kilt! wink

I have a friend who works as a bouncer. on certain nights the bouncers wear kilts. everytime he gets a comment about it being a skirt he always asks he guy if he would prefer telling his friends that he just got whooped by a guy in a skirt or that he met a nice gentleman who was wearing a kilt? grin

personally I go barefoot whenever I can.

Originally Posted By: Duffman

I'm guessing skirts are also very comfortable......... winksmile

How many times do I have to tell you guys it's a kilt! wink

The guide from last weeks "The Next Bite" was wearing a kilt, and he boated a 54" ski so maybe there's something to it...

Columbia Trail Meister IV hiking shoes and Columbia Surf Tide II Sandal...

Crocs are good too.. but the only pair of crocs i still own are the Mario Batalli edition.. made for kitchens.. they have a non-slip bottom

i've always wanted to try a pair of vibram five fingers.. but i have wide feet

Love the Merell slips on in spring/fall.

Teva sandals all summer long... you can then measure if you've had enough fishing days based on the tan lines on your feet!

sure can... my feet look ridiculous come fall... all brown and then my pale strap lines

I was in the market for a pair of boat/water shoes and I had been leaning towards crocs and after seeing all the options I didn't know I had on here I thought I had it narrowed down to a few different pair. Then of course I check the mail today and what do I see on the cover of my Bass Pro Shops Catalog...yep you guessed it World Wide Sportsman River Trainers on sale for $24.94, reg. $49.95. So there I go I just ordered a pair over the phone. I don't know much about them, but for the price I figure I could take a bit of risk.

watershoe.jpg

Just wondering what's with all the croc haters? It almost sounds like there is some sort of croc hater movement. I've never actually owned a pair, but they seem pretty harmless.

Whats up croc haters?

In a nutshell... they are ugly

Originally Posted By: metrojoe
Just wondering what's with all the croc haters? It almost sounds like there is some sort of croc hater movement. I've never actually owned a pair, but they seem pretty harmless.

Whats up croc haters?

In a nutshell... they are ugly

Not as ugly as my feet!

I wear merrel sandals....when it is cooler I wear my danner hiking boots.

I am an Elementary PE teacher and I used to hate crocs. I still hate them when kids wear them for class and have to sit out, but my sister in Boulder emailed me this winter and told me they had a huge sale on them so I told her to get me 2 pairs. and 2 for the bride. I have always come home from work and taken my shoes and socks off. I now put on my crocs when I get home....I have a pair of the crocs for the kitchen with the non slip sole, I like them but there is no ventilation so my feet sweat in those.

I have had foot problems for years, and the crocs don't bother my feet one bit.

Whats up croc haters?

mob mentality.. one person hates them.. so the rest of the people around them hate them as well.. its that whole.. "this is popular so i must hate it" thing..

personally i was never a big fad chaser.. but a waitress convinced me to try them out.. saying that they would be waaaaaay more comfortable for me at work.. and was she ever right..

---"I am an Elementary PE teacher and I used to hate crocs. I still hate them when kids wear them for class and have to sit out"----Picksbigwagon---

I couldn't agree more!! I am also an Elementary PE teacher and absolutely hate when my students wear Crocs! oh and flip flops as well! It seems because of it less kids know how to tie their shoes!

I suppose they are comfortable and everything, but I just can't bring myself to buying a pair. I usually wear Nike Shox or Flip Flops when fishing in the boat.

---"I am an Elementary PE teacher and I used to hate crocs. I still hate them when kids wear them for class and have to sit out"----Picksbigwagon---

I couldn't agree more!! I am also an Elementary PE teacher and absolutely hate when my students wear Crocs! oh and flip flops as well! It seems because of it less kids know how to tie their shoes!

I suppose they are comfortable and everything, but I just can't bring myself to buying a pair. I usually wear Nike Shox or Flip Flops when fishing in the boat.

LOL put another PE guy on the list who is not a fan of them.. I will not let them wear them in my class.