• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brew Crew '09

Cooter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 11 walks in a game(23 for the series)notta gonna beat anybody thata way! Snooze we'll take all the help we can get.

I see you lost Weeks for the season. We'll be at your house next week, maybe I can borrow your broom. ttg

Who is this Gamel who hit a homer? Could be bad news for Nelson - does he have a hit yet?

Weeks is probably my least favorite Brewer but he was having a very nice season.

You got me Gene... Should be a good series <roll eyes> for your cubs that is.. The red bird ship is taking on water and the Brew Crew is on a roll and the cubs will slam 3 or 4 more torpedo's in her side, guaranteed...

Sorry Geno for being our slumpbuster but the Cubbies last night was exactly how the Cards have been offensively the last ten games. I like our chance with Carp and a rested pen and Wainwright on Thursday. Wn needed this win very much, and if they can win consistently today and by a healthy margin Ithink they will break this funk. Still a young season and the Cards will go through this funk at leats 3 times in a sesaon, it happens...

On another note...

How about this OF Colby Rasmus! The kid has been an all star at triple AAA and a consencus to win it this year but I think he's never going back down to the minors. His swing reminds me a bit like J.D. Drew and with some John Mabry seasoning he could eventually be our Johnny Damon. Ankiel maybe back today as well, don't know if he'll start or PH off the bench.

Should be another good game...

When I saw the Cards lineup before the start of the game, I said, "who the heck are these guys?". But they came out ahead. Pineiro was pretty good...very few pitches....guess Cubs were overanxious? if there is such a thing!

Bring it on again tonight Tim.

I won't get home from umpiring my 3 games till 11 p.m. so you will know before I do...

Did you see the WGN telecast copmpletely last night. When they focused in on fan cam of a Cards fan with the white body painted T-shirt/hooped nipples and Brenly said there should be a dress code for guys like that.. Classic...

Go Minnesota!

Carp back, Welly dealing against his old club, the AAA kids are getting more comfortable. Happy for Kahlil Greene he need that hit and 2 rbi after his AAA counterpart Tyler Greene went deep for his 2nd HR. Motte hit 97 on the gun last night. Cmon Kyle Lohse keep this hot starting pitching going!

Tim, high fives man, we needed that. Hope we can heat up the bats somemore and stay on a roll right into Brewerville on monday.

The "bats" were pretty silent yesterday, a couple of pitching gems on both sides. Neither team deserved to lose that one but we needed it more after getting swept by the Twins.

I hate the fact when you think your team is about to go on a run they end up losing three or four straight and then win thre or four straight. Searching for some consistency and we have had it with starting pitching as of late. What the Cards Kids are going through now will make them stronger. Now I know why Mimmesota Twins fans are so excited when must of there own come up from the farm. It's only making our team better for the long haul. Great game last night snooze...

Cooter - Wellemeyer looked even better in this start and Jason Motte was untouchable again. Franklin get's another save. We will take 2 of 3 gladly..

Day off today and the it's a flight to the west coastoff to play the recently hot SF Giants. Looks like Luddy will be back to offer Pujols protection in the line-up. Speculation we may be looking for another 3rd basemen as Glaus's return is 50/50... I like DeRosa for power but his strikeouts concern me. My gut say's to stay with the kid's Thurston and Barden. I also think they should send K. Greene down until he can get this anxiety thing taken care of and recall Tyler Greene who is a way better shortstop and has alot more pop in his bat than Kalil. The kids are doing just fine, let em play...

Yep two outta three isn't bad considering the last meeting. Luddy should help Albert and getting Ankiel healthy would be nice. Sounds like Glaus could be done for the season. Just stay with the rookies there doing good and I like the speed.

Seen the replay of the Cubbies Zambrano, Ump ejects him, he ejects the Ump, throws the ball into left, throws his glove then this 6'5 255lb'er grabs a bat in the dug out and starts beating the heck out of the soda machine pretty crazy stuff. ttg

Speaking of Umpires how about the guy called up from AAA that did they Twins game yesterday after noon...DOH.

He threw both Catchers and Managers out of the game ... LOL.

Real close play at they plate that could have went either way and Redmond thought he got him and was a bit emotionally and the Ump through him out quick, of course Gardy went next. And then next inning Becket throws what he thought was and strike, the Ump calls a ball and Beckett screams "swears" Goll Daggit and then Vartitec stands up trying to deflect the issue away from his swearing pitcher and he gets the quick hook along with Francoa shortly after.

What a way to start off your MLB carreer..LOL!

Been in the boat and haven't caught a game in a while but see we took 2 from Cinci but lost the first one to Florida last night. 30 wins though and sounds like its been a while we've had that many by June.

I heard we managed to get one from Florida last night - sounds like Braun hit a long ball. Believe Looper is 6-2 against the Marlins for his career now. Need this one tonight to tie the series.

... but see we took 2 from Cinci but lost the first one to Florida last night. 30 wins though and sounds like its been a while we've had that many by June.

Actually took all 3 of those just to turn around and lose 3 out of 4 to the Marlins. Bounced back to take 2 out of 3 from the Braves though. Even after going 3 and 4 on this last road trip, we're still 2 games up on the Cards since they've gone 3 and 7 over the last 10.

Rockies for 3 and then the White Sox for 3 at home starting Tuesday (much needed day off tomorrow.)