Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ac777

questions about re doing a lund

Hi, I have a few questions about re doing a boat, it is a lund 1750 I think, and the sides got all scratched up from a windstorm rubbing it against a sharp dock corner. It has also taken a beating from rocks thrown from gravel roads and other scratches and what not. This may sound like a dumb question, but please take me seriously. Would it work to put the truck bed liner on the upper sides of the boat, the parts that don't actually ride in the water, but is prone to dock rash. I don't think it would look too bad, I've seen lots of pictures of trucks with this on their rockers and it looks pretty good. I am also wondering about the interior/flooring. What are the pro's/cons for Carpet vs. bedliner on the floor. The boat has carpet in it now, but I am thinking about redoing it. Anyone have firsthand experience with this that they can give me suggestions? thanks

I can't speak from experience on putting spray-on bedliner on the outside of the boat but I will say that if you do decide to use it inside the boat....choose a lighter color. It could get mighty toasty on the floor during the summer. When I decide to redo the carpet on my boat I might make the switch to something other than carpet. I like the idea of easily spraying down the deck with water if things get messy.

Dot Deco vinyl on inside for flooring, that is my vote and I used it on a pontoon and 16' boat. Works fantastic!

For outside, I would just paint it. PRep it well, then paint using sprayer/air compressor. Easy, fun and looks great. Just remember paint overspray gets everywhere, so tape well and do it on calm day smile Otherwise see how much a paint shop would charge to do it. Might surprise you.

The only thing about the Bed liner is that it can be a bit bumpy which could catch on your feet if you don't pick them up and trip someone, and useing the boat in bare feet, would be unbareable! grin

Well 3300 is a little much for a paint job, so we are doing it ourselves. We have a spray gun and I know how to paint, just getting other opinions, It would be kinda hard on the bare feet, but some are less gritty so not sure.

Well 3300 is a little much for a paint job, so we are doing it ourselves. We have a spray gun and I know how to paint, just getting other opinions, It would be kinda hard on the bare feet, but some are less gritty so not sure.

With a decent amount of bedliner you will be adding quite a bit of weight so I'm not sure that is the best option. Most guys seem to like the marine vinyl...at least that is what a lot of guys do instead of putting in new carpet, they use the marine vinyl instead