• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

questions about re doing a lund

ac777

Hi, I have a few questions about re doing a boat, it is a lund 1750 I think, and the sides got all scratched up from a windstorm rubbing it against a sharp dock corner. It has also taken a beating from rocks thrown from gravel roads and other scratches and what not. This may sound like a dumb question, but please take me seriously. Would it work to put the truck bed liner on the upper sides of the boat, the parts that don't actually ride in the water, but is prone to dock rash. I don't think it would look too bad, I've seen lots of pictures of trucks with this on their rockers and it looks pretty good. I am also wondering about the interior/flooring. What are the pro's/cons for Carpet vs. bedliner on the floor. The boat has carpet in it now, but I am thinking about redoing it. Anyone have firsthand experience with this that they can give me suggestions? thanks

I can't speak from experience on putting spray-on bedliner on the outside of the boat but I will say that if you do decide to use it inside the boat....choose a lighter color. It could get mighty toasty on the floor during the summer. When I decide to redo the carpet on my boat I might make the switch to something other than carpet. I like the idea of easily spraying down the deck with water if things get messy.

Dot Deco vinyl on inside for flooring, that is my vote and I used it on a pontoon and 16' boat. Works fantastic!

For outside, I would just paint it. PRep it well, then paint using sprayer/air compressor. Easy, fun and looks great. Just remember paint overspray gets everywhere, so tape well and do it on calm day smile Otherwise see how much a paint shop would charge to do it. Might surprise you.

The only thing about the Bed liner is that it can be a bit bumpy which could catch on your feet if you don't pick them up and trip someone, and useing the boat in bare feet, would be unbareable! grin

Well 3300 is a little much for a paint job, so we are doing it ourselves. We have a spray gun and I know how to paint, just getting other opinions, It would be kinda hard on the bare feet, but some are less gritty so not sure.

Well 3300 is a little much for a paint job, so we are doing it ourselves. We have a spray gun and I know how to paint, just getting other opinions, It would be kinda hard on the bare feet, but some are less gritty so not sure.

With a decent amount of bedliner you will be adding quite a bit of weight so I'm not sure that is the best option. Most guys seem to like the marine vinyl...at least that is what a lot of guys do instead of putting in new carpet, they use the marine vinyl instead