• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery

FORD FOREVER

I have a few of them. I thought it was cool at the begining but then when I figure in now I'm shooting $12 arrow's $3 weighted knocks and $1 per tip. It gets pretty dang costly if you keep up with doing that. I was shooting Beman's and would do them pretty common I think I had 8 last year. But I went to Easten's ST which are a skinnier arrow and I have only don't it to one since I have changed. How far are you shooting? I shoot a lot in my basement which I screw up a lot of my arrows but I have only done one at 20 yds. The guys at Scheels told me to try a more blunt end for my field points. They said instead of a point a round that would help deflect it a little bit. Don't know if that's true or not but might be something to try.

I have done it a couple of times cool the first time. I only shoot four arrows max at the same target I hate it when I wrecked flights or arrows. But on another note lat week al the state dart tourny I seen a guy robin hood his dart thought that was kinda cool

I have done it a few times and have had a few close calls. I now don't shoot at the same bullseye at anything under 30 yards. The modern bow and equipment are so amazingly accurate. I have my first one hanging on a pair of antlers. Pretty cool conversation piece...

Not very common, but if you're a good shooter and you continue to shoot groups then it will happen more often. If not a Robin Hood you will certainly continue to break nocks, tear fletchings and ding the arrows. Either wayit gets expensive. That's why the pro's shoot 5-spots.

Its cool to do once or twice, but if your shooting arrows at over 10 bucks a piece it doesnt seem as cool anymore. I bought a dozen brand new arrows last year and the first time shooting them at the place i bought them i did it twice. I got to shoot each arrow maybe once or twice so i dont think it was worth the 40 bucks i paid for those 4 arrows. After that i stopped shooting at the same bullseye under 40 yards away.

I've shot my whole life (I'm over 50) and just got my first a few years ago. I've probably shot hundreds of thousands of arrows in this time. Done it only a couple times since, so no, it's not all that common.

There is a reason why the block or similar targets have 5 targets on them. if one is shooting so many robinhoods, then maybe shoot at a different bullseye each time. unless ya got the money to burn. then in that case, i'll take a dozen easton axis, infused carbons, with blazers!

It happens, seems kinda a cool the first time, but like someone said thats why theres usually more than one Bulls Eye per target. It does show you're being consistant in form or making the same break in form. Were they both Bulls or both off to the same degree. I rarely have Robin Hoods happen since shooting at 5 bulls and rarely with more than 4-5 arrows. Plus, unless I need to adjust my sights or account for another change to my bow (like restringing), I always shoot broadheads. Field points and broadheads rarely fly the same (partly why some like expandables.) So I only practice with the same gear I use to hunt. Loosing arrows w/heads is bad enough, ruining them is worse.

That all said, nice job on your consistancy and form. Keep practicing. Shot placement is the result but its form you are practicing.

Also, once you build the strength to hold at draw as needed and still make the shot, then only shoot a few arrows each day to keep form. The more you shoot the more things change (ie string stretch) and the more you need to adjust. So, once you get it all working just shoot enough to keep consistent and confident.

...I'm sure Lee Lane has something interesting to add.

Did my first RH at the age of 14 and I actually "called the shot". One arrow was mine and one was the other guys.

I did it one more time but was borrowing my dads arrows. So out of 2 RH's, only one was my arrow.

Like others have said it gets expensive (when you do it to your own arrows) so I don't think I've shot at anything but a 5 spot target for the last 20 years. Good thing I haven't had another RH since, wouldn't be much to brag about on a 5 spot.