• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where is everybody going for opener

wheelerboy920

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to stick around Opening weekend for a family thing Monday, but I'll be hitting Minnetonka. The next weekend is prom, but the annual Opener trip up north is a little more important so I'm headed up to Kabetogama for a long weekend.

I'll be on Lake Washington by Dassel.

Bottle Fish - you'll have to keep us posted on how you do. Its about time me, my boat and Lake Washington have a reunion after 35+ years.

Its the lake my grandpa used to take us to when we'd visit from California every other summer - and the same boat just became mine last spring!

Thankfully our school planned prom the week before fishing opener. If they had planned it on opener my gf would not be very happy at all wink.

as for me I will be doing the annual trip up to my uncles cabin on the southern end of mille lacs and trolling rigs on sloppys.

A 200 acre lake "up nort', on an old pontoon, with my Grandsons and my nephew, and son in law. Catching crappies and slimers and maybe a few walleye in morning, and shooting cans with Red Ryders in the afternoon, and back to the lake for more action after the shooting contest smile

Then it is a "big boy" trip with my bro, my stepson, and bunch of buds the next weekend, our West Central MN on praire lakes, in big boy boats, ha!

Going to give Big Sandy a try this year. Anyone else heading up there?

I will be fishing Minewawa on Saturday but if it's slow, We will be heading over to Big Sandy. I have fished Big Sandy the last 3 openers, but my buddy just got some land on Minnewawa so thats where I'll be.