• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sunglasses

champion198elite

because i routinely sit on mine, break them, lose them, scratch them, i buy the $8.99 strikemaster walmart edition sunglasses, and if i go through a pair in 2 months or so it doesnt break the bank. I used to have a pair of oakleys that fit marvelous, but i lost them, and they dont make that style anymore!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive bought several cheap pairs of polarized glasses and a high-end pair (until I lost them) and the best ones I ever had where the cheap ones I bought last year. When I looked at the water in the distance it almost looked like a hologram and I could see bottom content perfectly. I eventually broke them and the lenses got scratched up (due to the cheap quality i'm guessing). I bought a new pair of cheap ones this year and can already tell they aren't the same and aren't nearly as good.

Its making me think the extra money goes into making higher quality scratch resistant lenses and nicer frames. But I think if you find that "magic" pair of cheapies the polarization is the same as higher end....But I just don't know, I could also be wrong

I have a pair of the Costa's with the 580 green mirror lens. I was the same as many on here and had used cheap ones for years figuring I would end up breaking them etc. It has been a night and day difference between the Costa's and the cheap ones. The biggest difference I've noticed after a day on the water is I don't have eye strain like I used to after wearing the cheap ones all day. There is no distortion in the lens with the polarization either. Also, I'm much more careful with them because of the cost. So far so good on keeping them in good shape grin

I have an old pair of Costa Del Mar O-Frames that don't fit my face very well. I think I have the cheap lenses because I got them in high school and I didn't want to get the expensive Costas. Plus they are a grey lense and I like the amber color better now. I find myself wearing some cheap Rapala ones or I also have a pair of Bolles. I think if I cut a half inch off the Costa frames I could stand them more. The frames extend past my ears so far that my hat pushes them down.

Dietz - I am going to be getting a set of Man o wars here very shortly. Which color lense do you have? I've heard the blue reflective for sunny days and the Amber for cloudy. I don't think I can justify two pairs of sunglasses, which one is the best all around?

Setter, you going to get the 400 or the 580 lenses?.. If you were going to get the 400's(cheaper) I would consider either Grey or amber, Vermillion are nice too.. I probably wear the amber the most. If getting the 580 I would consider the silver mirror, the lenses color is Copper.. I just got those this spring and really like em.

just got my free WileyX's in the mail. I can't say they look that great, the lenses are blue and purple. I'm sure they are functional, but look cheap. I won't be replacing my Costa's. [YouNeedAuthorization], here i come.