Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixflats

THOUGHT OF THE DAY AND MORE.

101 posts in this topic

I thank Jordyn Kaufer for this ( good intentions only). I thought I would start it.

-

"He who learns must suffer. Even in our sleep, pain witch cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, and against our will, comes wisdom by the awful grace of god." ; Lines by Aeschylus.

-

Don'T ask my thought process you will only be as confused as I am.

-

Please dont leave me hanging or I may use this qoute again as I like it so much.

"The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at. You have Beavis and Butthead telling you what music you're allowed to like and not like, and you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know, when the joke is - people are too lazy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised them like that."

- Marilyn Manson

Wow! So soon. I took the preverbal bullet.

Thank you for the input bobbymalone and as that Quote resinates I apreciate its value as what it says.

ATTITUDE

by Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

An Awsome start we are going to hit bumps in the road but what is life.

I talk to much so time for me to shut up. No chearing please

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

William Paley (original thought) / Herbert Spencer (above quote)

Croixflats, thanks for getting the ball rollin, all good posts so far, heres another. Ok, this may get a little long, but it's good, and obviously you and I also may not agree with everything on it, but it is still good so if you don't like it please don't post about it.

Health:

1. Drink plenty of water.

2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.

3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.

5. Make time for prayer.

6. Play more games.

7. Read more books than you did in 2008.

8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.

9. Sleep for 7 hours.

10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:

11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment..

13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.

14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip..

16. Dream more while you are awake.

17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.

19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.

20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

23. Smile and laugh more.

24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Society:

25 Call your family often.

26. Each day give something good to others.

27. Forgive everyone for everything.

28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.

29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

30. What other people think of you is none of your business.

31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:

32 Do the right thing!

33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

34. GOD heals everything.

35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

37. The best is yet to come.

38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.

39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

Since it's technically a new day, here's mine for 4/7.

If I were given the opportunity to present a gift to the next generation it would be the ability of each individual to learn to laugh at himself.

--Charles Schulz

"One learns the absolute minimum required to get thru life by age 5. Eat your vegtables, take a nap, and share with others."

ATTITUDE

by Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

I have that one on the wall in my cube. Real words to live by.

"There is only one security, and when you've lost that security, you've lost everything you've got. And that is the security of confidence in yourself; to be, to create, to make any position you want to make for yourself. And when you lose that confidence, you've lost the only security you can have. ... Self-confidence is self-determinism. One's belief in one's ability to determine his own course. As long as one has that, he's got the universe in his pocket. And when he hasn't got that, not all the pearls in China nor all the grain and corn in Iowa can give him security, because that's the only security there is."

~L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology

It doesnt matter if you have the best hand at the table, its how you play your cards.

When everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane.

I can read a list of Steven Wright quotes all day and when I finish and start from the top I still get the same laugh.

"It's better to be nice than right." my Grandma Foley.

OK, most every grandma in the history of grandmas has said this. I give it weight because you've basically got to get to grandparent age to understand how important it is to be nice to people.

I know this quote won't resonate on a board that treasures argument for the sake of argument, so as someone said previously, if you don't like it, ignore it.

Slainte! Or Shalom, if you prefer. smilesmile

Just be......kind......It takes most people a lifetime to unlock and attain true kindness......some never achieve it.....

Do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?

Careful. I have a whole file of quotes that I like. Here's one for today:

It is a misfortune, inseparable from human affairs, that public measures are rarely investigated with that spirit of moderation which is essential to a just estimate of their real tendency to advance or obstruct the public good; and that this spirit is more apt to be diminished than promoted, by those occasions which require an unusual exercise of it. – Alexander Hamilton (attributed), Federalist Papers #37.

This is just like reading the small qoutes in the Bnards fliers, I always did like them. Keepmcomin. As for me, I got nuthin, other than, "If it hurts, don't do it no more" (heat checkers advice to kids,2001)

It is a misfortune, inseparable from human affairs, that public measures are rarely investigated with that spirit of moderation which is essential to a just estimate of their real tendency to advance or obstruct the public good; and that this spirit is more apt to be diminished than promoted, by those occasions which require an unusual exercise of it. – Alexander Hamilton (attributed), Federalist Papers #37.

Wow.

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

--Albert Einstein

" It's always a great day when you get up in the morning "

" If you have a question - ask - but the answer you receive may not be the one you want to hear "