• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

09 Season is here!!!!!

Scott K

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why young wasn't playing. I see why span was playing because of the righty pitching, but why not young. Cuddy was like 0 for 12 against Felix and Young had a better spring that both Cuddy and Gomez. What happened to earning your spot in Spring Training and I feel that Delmon earned a spot.

It seams that the Twins don't want even give him a chance. He hit for mor power and average and more RBI than Gomez did last year but all you hear about is GO GO and Span two young guy that are so good. The last I looked Young is hte same age and has better career numbers than both.

Sorry for venting just wish Delmon would get a chance. 290 batting average and 10 hr and 80 some rbi's last year and all you hear is that he had a bad year. I don't think that is bad at all.

The Twins will trade him and he will end up hitting 40 homers for someone else!

Guerrier did fine, got a weak grounder with "seeing eyes".....now Crain and Breslow......YUK!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think Liriano was sharp either, and was too predictable. Gotta keep them guessing WHAT pitch is coming.

Cuddy bashers..........Who has the ONLY rbi on the MN TWINS? EVERYBODY was just "waving" at pitches last night. Shoulda had more lefties in the game, but the ones that were didn't do too hot either. FORGET ABOUT IT and PLAY today.....looooooong season.

went to the game and I will have to say i was a bit disappointed with the whole thing. parking was not very good. went down to the mall area before the game and the music was SO loud you couldnt talk at all. it was miserable; my little girl had to put her hands over her ears. then, there was a good bunch of drunken [PoorWordUsage] fans. the twins played terrible in every facet of the game. oh, and those who say that Liriano just made a couple of bad pitches must not have seen the vapor trails behind some of the lineouts to DEEP left and left center. wow, were some of those balls spanked. i was sitting next to the isle and I bet i missed 25% of the game as people were constantly going up the isles with no thought whatsoever to the fans watching; spilling beer constantly. and the worst part was trying to get back on 35W north. Only 1 lane of traffic feeds 35W.

now some may say sour grapes and maybe I should just stay home. and i will say i think you are right, i prolly will. but I dont think the Twins would like to hear that because of my experience last nite, I am not too excited about going to another game too soon. i think it would be kinda nice if the twinks addressed some of those items for the new stadium. sure, some are out of their control, but my whole experience last nite was just disappointing.

especially the mall or whatever you call it out front. cant you have an area where there there are things to do without deafening music? Maybe some like that, but I cannot believe it is the majority. sure isnt a family atmosphere.

cuddy also was responsible for not giving us an early lead which would have helped settle liriano down. he also didn't play beltre's ball off the baggy as well as he is supposedly known for.

guerrier did not do fine. he didnt do any better than any of the other relievers. why does he get a free pass? a hit is a hit, regardless of where it goes

I think span did a decent job at the plate, showed patience against a darn good pitcher, but I think Young should have been in over Cuddy, even though he reached out and poked one over the infielders. Liriano looked good, he made a few "Costly" mistakes of course but otherwise looked good. Obviously not the greatest start but hopefully they knock the cob webs off today and do a better job. Hernandez is a heck of a pitcher.

cuddy also was responsible for not giving us an early lead which would have helped settle liriano down. he also didn't play beltre's ball off the baggy as well as he is supposedly known for.

guerrier did not do fine. he didnt do any better than any of the other relievers. why does he get a free pass? a hit is a hit, regardless of where it goes

How come Justin Morneau get the free pass he could of put on the board twice once even with the bases loaded after Cuddy drove in the only run for the twins

cuddy and morneau could have done better. Last night morneau proved he can hit into a perfect double play. Usually im not so hard on things like this but he is getting paid and of o remember right the bases were loaded also. put it in the air and get a run in.

Cuddy did get the only RBI but he has UGLY at bats.

I thought Liriano looked OK, the pitch that Griffy hit out was let up but the other HR ball wasn't too bad of a pitch, just some good hitting.

It's a long season, but a win now counts the same as one in September