• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New metro tourney???

I'm the one that pulled the permits for it.

It's going to be all the purestrain lakes from Waconia to Forest to the St.Croix basin. We're naming it after the recently deceased George Wahl. The date is Oct 2nd (Sat). All profits will be going to the Twin Cities Chapter stocking and rearing fund. So even if you don't win the event you win when we put fish in the water.

Right now we're in negotiations with FM to help market the even. We're still in the planning phase so we're not quite ready to start selling tickets.

Right now the talk is to have the same format as the Frank Schnieder event but instead of having a boat/car it would be $5000 cash with a $50 entry. We don't want to be burdened with a huge grand prize since we're trying to make money to go into the fishery. We don't get a free boat (haven't for a decade +) and we'd rather take that extra $10,000 and buy fish/rearing equipment with it.

What do you guys think?

I would love to participate in a fall tournament down in the metro! The one in June is a blast! I would be happy to pay $50 to help with stocking and would rather the money go to the TC Chapter than to a boat for a single winner. Are you able to list the other lakes will be options to fish on? From your previous post I assume it's all the same as the June tourney?

Count me in!

It's pretty much the same except we're not including the tiger lakes just yet. We want to get it rolling before we make it too complicated. Tonka, Wac, Indy, Eagle, BE, WBL, Forest, St.Croix are the ones off the top of my head.

What we're hoping we can do with this event is it to earn enough money to do the following years stocking. So the money we make in 2009 will go into fish in 2010. This year we were able to carry over enough money to do this and I was able to save $6/fish in 2009. This also allows both the DNR and fish farmers to take us more seriously in their plans.

I hope you can all make it!

Right now we're thinking per person. It's cheaper then most any other tournament out there for the prize money and it's a big enough sum that it should get people interested.

The grand prize ($5000 if we decide to go with it) would be awarded as a drawing. The rules of the drawing is that you would have to catch a 40" fish or better to get your name in the hat just like we do it for the Frank Schnieder event. That way even Joe average has a chance at the big money. We'll have some other prizes for 1st - ? place as well.

It's ment to be a fun tournament where everybody wins. If anyone is interested in helping plan the event we are always looking for "a few good men", but we'll take women too. Drop me a line if you're interested in helping.

This is a great idea Shawn! What better way to wind down the season that with a "fun" tournament. I have already recruited 5 other guys and we are all going to come down and fish it. Winning would be nice, but we really don't care. More important to support the TC Chapter and its stocking program, and get together with the fellas for a few brain gernades and sh!t talk!!!! Soon as we can, we will be signing up for the tournament!

I was at Thorne Bros today picking up some new lures and hoping to sign up for the June Metro Tourney and I saw the flyer for the George Wahl Tournament. I notice that Owasso isn't an option according to the paper. I know most people don't care to fish Owasso because there are better muskie waters in the area but I keep my boat on a lift at my in-laws on that lake so I was hoping it would be included. Is there any chance it could be part of this tournament?