Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ray Esboldt

Seat Pedestal Repair

7 posts in this topic

I have a Swivel Eze seat pedestal. One that can be adjusted for height by hitting a lever and the seat raises up and lowered by sitting on the seat and holding the lever. Bass guys would call it Pro-Pole. The guy that had it before me managed to put the thing together upside down (adjustable end down) and now it does not work.

My question, is there anything I can do with this pedestal to refurbish it? I have no idea if they are filled with hydaulic fluid or they are pneumatic.

Anyone have any ideas? Or, do I need to provide additional details.

I believe they are air pistons, not gas or oil, but I could be wrong.

Did you check if the lever operates correctly ? Many times the only problem is the lever not lifting the small screw inside that opens the valve.

Valv,

I took the seat off the top. There's no pressure left in it. The screw on top is down, so basically it is already "pressed down." I suppose "pressed down" alows air to escape and lower the seat. Are these things pre-filled with air, do they have a spring inside to aid in raising the seat. I have no clue as to how they operate.

I would try backing off on the screw and see if that improves the situation, or gives you some adjustment. I presume it's fully extended right now?

marine_man

It's fully collapsed now. I could live with it fully extended. I tried manually extending, but I can barely budge it. It might be trashed.

Ok, that changes things a bit. If it's fully collapsed, and you've played with the screw, it's shot.

marine_man

Fixed it. It was simply jammed in the down position. A little WD-40, a heavy cable tied to the hitch on my truck and thread through the top of the pole, and one really hard pull made things right. I would say my pickup is now the largest tool I own. grin