• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's turkey hunting WI?

First season is getting close, April 15th. Who's heading out between then and May 20th? I've got season C in zone 4, was gonna buy a leftover tag but they were sold out by the time I tried.

Got permission for two new spots on Sat and put up a ground blind yesteday in all the wind. Time to polish up the calls and pattern the gun - got some new fiber optic sights for it. Can't wait!

You KNOW I'm in! May 6-10 and May 13-17. Got some really great farms south of Baldwin, east of Ellsworth. Can't come soon enough.

What kind of sights did you get? I put some TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dots on my 870 Wingmaster several years ago. Love 'em!

Geepers, just about vomitted on my keyboard when I saw that hideous avatar sick

I have some Williams sights that I stripped a small allen screw on - got the replacement the night before my season started last year frown

Thats some pretty country by Ellsworth.

Geepers, just about vomitted on my keyboard when I saw that hideous avatar sick

Carefull. Twins Baseball is about the only thing my wife and I agree on these days. smile We're on our way to the Dome right now!

Also my first year on the Turkey adventure and i'm really excited!! My father-in-law is going to take me out. Drew Zone 1- 4th season. And bought an extra permit for Zone 4 last season. So my goal is to get at least one bird. Good luck out there everyone!

A bud from the musky club shot a tom with 6 beards last week - 2 of them were 10"! Weighed 24lb with inch spurs. Apparently will score number 32 in the state in the non-typical category. Will try to get some pics up - he's old school though so it might be a while.

I live in MN now. OH well. But I was over to take my son out for the youth hunt in the George W mead area. We had a log of gobbling right at sun rise then nothing we did work one bird three times to with in 30 yardes and he just couldn't see the bird. We will be hunting the area again the May 6-10 season.

Managed to get a bird Thur afternoon about 1:15. Went out with a buds kid and he got one right off the roost Fri morning. Know off 5 other guys that got birds last week as well. My dad heads out Wed. Time to hit the fishing hard. Good luck to all!

Well for being a rookie I thought I did o.k., I never got a bird but I did see 20 birds the first three days but never fired a shot. I guess there is more turkeys than I thought up here in zone 6. I am Now Hooked.

Jar Jar

My pops just stopped by to show off his bird. 22lbs with about a 9 inch beard and .75" spurs. Sounds like he had quite the morning - multiple birds gobbling, had a half dozen jakes in his lap, and finally had that one slowly work his way in full strut until at 17 yards he couldn't take it anymore!

Just got back from a very frustrating 5 days in southern zone 4. Not a lot of gobbling. Saw lots of hens. Much more pressure than years past. Spooked just about every bird saw.

Good thing I have next season as well and the last season in MN so I'm not giving up yet.

DonBo - you'll have to head back there this fall and thin those hens out a bit cool That was just a warm up for ya anyways with two seasons left, probably hammer a big one right off the roost the first morning next time out - good luck!!

BTW - good to hear about holding off on the long shot you weren't comfortable with, too many guys just let er rip in such situations.