• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preferred Speaker Location on Lund?

solbes

I just added the stereo to my Lund Rebel XL. It's time to add the holes for the speakers. I have a hole saw, but am looking for opinions on the best location for the pair. Here's my three options:

- Forward Bow storage area. Would sound nice, but probably not enough real estate here

- Wall of rear casting deck. I think my best option as access is easy and sound would be good. The aft jump seats when flipped down may be a problem though

- Side rod lockers. Would have decent sound, but would make rod loading tricky

Any opinions out there? I thought I had read that the Lund Explorer's had pre-cut areas if you looked for them, Just need to hack out a tab or two and it popped right out. Any such thing on the Rebels?

In my pro v both speakers are in the bow area, the person up there gets blasted out by the time the people in the rest of the boat are liking it. Split your speakers evenly between the two and everyone should be happy.

Here's what it looks like with the seat up:

lundboat004rsz.jpg

And with the seat down for the casting deck. Guess if I put them in the rear, I will lose some sound when the casting deck is out.

lundboat011.jpg

Doesn't look like there's room in the bow for 6 1/2" speakers anyway. Too bad, because I like the idea of forward and one rear. Side of the console is another option, but not sure how that would sound.

In my Mr. Pike I put one in the rear cast deck between the livewell and the battery and the other one in the drivers console. There where wires for mine but I just had to run them to the location that I wanted.