Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpettit

removable mount for terrova trolling motor

8 posts in this topic

guys, wondering if any one has a minnkota terrova trolling motor (09) & what style of mount they have used? i am replacing an auto pilot (07) & wondering if any experienced using 1 of the new mounts what is the best & which one will fit my existing bracket holes?

thanks for your help

i have 80lb it just came with like quick release mount that seems ok if i'm trailering along ways i usally pop it off just to save on the cover and it fits tighter

i will say this they are tuff mines on 2095 yar craft

a couple times going across winnie is some big winds it poped down on me scared the hec outa me but didnt hurt it

i bunge it now lol

couldnt tell you if it would work with your old one hafta ask some one smarter than me

what bracket did you use on the older PD?

when I upgraded to a terrova on my old boat I used the same bracket with the thumb screw in the side... you have to put a washer or two between the terrova and the bracket because the sides are lover on the terrova then the PD...

works great..

I just bought a new Terrova and got the aluminum mount (MK-016, I believe). So far, so good. Like mentioned, you need a washer between the Terrova and mounting plate to shim it.

I think the MKA-32 is the nicest mount, with the cam action and the cover for when it's not on the boat. It's also the most expensive.

The MKA-21 and MKA-16-02 work well too. The only complaint I have with the aluminum MKA-16-02 is that I've seen them damage boat covers while trailering.

thnaks for all the help will the mka-32 mount in the same holes of my exisitng mk-16-02? again thanks guys. i am addicted to this site!

If cost is a concern there are some aftermarket mounts that let you remove the trolling motor. I bought two and put one on each boat so I can move the trolling motor between two boats depending on where I need it.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP THE WASHER DEAL DID THE TRICK, 1 OTHER QQUESTION IS THE WIRELESS CO-PILOT THE WAY TO GO OR NOT?

I PERSONALLY THOUGHT A WORELWSS FOOT PETAL WOULD BE MORE CONVENIENT.