Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heavyduty

kevlar canoe repair

3 posts in this topic

i have an 18 foot kevlar canoe that has a "crease" across the bottom, width ways, that needs to be repaired. there really isn't any rips in this spot but it does need to be fixed for the strength. I think the repair should be easy enough but my question is....I was given a rather large repair kit for a fiberglass canoe,resin and the epoxy, but am wondering if this will work on my kevlar canoe.bonding and strength can post? pics if needed to understand the scope of the work.if not what are my best options in S.E. MN? would consider paying for repairs but would like to do it myself.

It might be worth a call to We no nah canoes, in Winona. They might do it or have references or advice. Not much of a drive, depending where in SE minnesota you are. Down I90, take the cutoff on 43. (or take 14 all the way if you feel lucky.)

A search for Wenonah canoe repair turns up some good pix

Check with Northwest Canoe in St. Paul. They will have the answer or they can do the repair for you.