• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On Line Pet Meds

rich4walleyes

I am looking at buy some meds for my pup on line and wondering if anyone else have done it. I have found a couple of websites from Australia and see that their prices are quite a bit cheaper. My concern is that I have heard that they may not be as high quality as what is sold here in the US. Anyone get their meds from an online vendor or one that is overseas?

1800petmeds online...exact same stuff I got from the vet, just a little cheaper. No idea on the overseas stuff, but personally I'd stick to the U.S. for peace of mind if nothing else. Others may have more insight.

The biggest problem I found is getting your vet to write the rx. Maybe its different now but when I tried to order from 1800petmeds they still needed a vet rx. Why would the vet write it so you can go buy it somewhere else. My neighbor is a vet pharmaceutical salesman so I usually just get everything from him now.

I buy some meds over the web but just the one that i dont need a persription for. I buy Cosequin for my labs hip and if buy it online i can get it in bulk for 50 to 60% off of what the vet wants for a small bottle. Its the exact same as what the vet sells. From my research it doesnt realy pay to buy heartguard or frontline over the web. I think it may have been like a buck cheaper after shipping and stuff and then have to get a rx too. I also found that 1800petmeds is alot more expensive compared to other sites. Just goggle pet meds and you can find alot of different sites.