Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

Gliders for northern

11 posts in this topic

In the new In-fisherman, they go over the use of glide baits for northerns. Specifically, has anyone used the Salmo slider or fatso with any success? Interesting read for those of you who haven't read it yet, but something I'm looking forward to trying this summer. Thoughts?

I picked up a 6" Phantom with curly tail at Blue Ribbon Bait - for musky fishing. The sales guy said it catches a lot of Northern Pike.

If a Suick with a vertical motion drives the pike mad, then something with a side to side action can't do a whole lot worse.

I had some decent luck with the sub-walk. However if I remember right it went deeper than I thought it would (wanted to use it over submerged weeds, didn't really work that way.

Come fall "glide baits" make up a huge part of my arsenal. Love them right down the weed edge.

I catch a few northerns on Phantoms but my big northerns consistantly come on Bitten Tackle Warlocks. They are my favorite glide bait.

I seem to catch the most northerns muskyfishing with a wabull perch pattern.

When using gliders how fast do you typically work the bait? Just curious what works for others.

How fast I work it depends on the conditions but I normally work them medium to fast I would guess.

I catch alot of Pike on hellhounds. A few summers ago I caught 3 different Pike on 3 straight cast while using a hellhound.

Brian