• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ICEROAD TRUCKERS

Tyler23

I'm sure TJ and Jay stayed in Yellowknife. Jay had been running that for a while. Drew and Rick would be fun to see on this road, they were pure drama. This company probably saw them the last two seasons and weren't willing to deal with that on this road. Could you imagin Drew on that roller coaster?

Tim Freeman Sr. owned a used car lot in Bemidji for a number of years. Some of you probably remember where Corner Sports was located in Busy Corners, between Blackduck and Kelliher on Hwy 72. Tim traded his lot in Bemidji to Corner Sports a few years back and moved the car lot to Busy Corners. He operated out of that location for a couple of years, and then closed the car lot. I'd been wondering what he's been up to...

I watch all the shows.

This year seems to be the worst for bad editing.

The scenes where they show a driver on a "dangerous" section, where they go from driver to road to driver to ditch to driver to past accident to driver.....

One time the driver will have no sun glasses, then cut back to the driver and sun glasses are on, then cut back to the driver and the sun glasses are off.

Other times the gal, Lisa her hair will be in a pony tail, then not, then back in a pony tail, all within about 3 cut scenes.

It's almost like they're doing it on purpose sometimes.

I like this season's show although I agree with Lwnmwrman. The editing leaves a little to be desired. Also, I am getting tired of see the computer animated semi slip and go over the edge of the mountain every 10 minutes.

Lisa has a good attitude. If you met her on the street you would not think she was a truck driver.

I like Jack Jesse. He is a true professional driver.

So did anybody else catch tonights Craftsman commercial er, oops, ahem, Ice Road episode tonight?

That had to be the worst attempt at hiding a sell job I have ever seen. Brand new signs hanging in the shop and shiny new tools and boxes all around in a typical dirty truck shop. They even showed the wrenches laying on the floor for no reason a couple times, of course so you could read the name. When the one driver showed what she all has in her truck, the first thing she pulled out was her brand new Craftsman wrenches, and she didn't even know what they all were.

I like the show still but if I quit watching it will be because of editing and salesmanship.

DD

Originally Posted By: yopaulypinkfloyd
good season so far! Lisa is hot!

we must not be watching the same show. The chick in the show I was watching looks like she does a ton of meth.

She is a former motocrosser IE adrenaline junkie. It's not meth it's adrenaline.

Quote:
She is a former motocrosser IE adrenaline junkie. It's not meth it's adrenaline.

Yep - some people don't need drugs to get high - they thrive on the "fear factor"... I know - my son is a (hopefully retired) bull-rider, and I've seen it in him...

Good show last night with some comedy in there, Lisa breaking down all alone, out of CB range trying to call for help (even though there is a camera in her face in the cab and while she is standing outside) then about 10 trucks come in all ready to help her out.

Hugh trying to put the chains on was hilarious one long solid bleep, then telling the camera man in the cab where he could put his camera. Funny how the jake brakes wouldn't work, until the very last moment he needs them, added drama IMO

My question is that they have "Allegedly" been up there for 2-3 months now and Lisa and George only have like 12 loads under their belt and Hugh and Alex only have 9 or 10? (keep in mind i have not seen the last episode yet)

It's probably 3 days round trip with driving and hours of service etc, so they could do 2 loads a week with no problems.

This would be 8-10 loads a month for the normal driver.

I wish they would spend more time giving details instead of the drama. It seems like they think their audience is a bunch of kids or something.