Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rocky

MinnKota Trolling Motor question

9 posts in this topic

My 10 year old bow mount trolling motor is getting tougher to push out. I have to give it a pretty good effort to push it through. I have not wanted to put oil on it as it would attract more dirt and assume is not good for it anyway. What is the best way to "lubricate" the shaft? Does graphite work?

thanks

I think graphite or armor all would be okay to try.

Does your motor have a steel shaft instead of a composite shaft? If so it may have a slight bend in it that's causing your problem.

try some silicone. that is what we use and it dries right away so no dirt and dust atracted to it

i don't know if this would work but try some dri-lube. the stuff goes on wet and dries to this white flim. since it is dry i don't know you have to worry about dirt

I used dry graphite spray on mine and it worked pretty well.

mine is the composite shaft. thanks for the replys, I did not want to screw it up

Armor All is the ticket on composite shafts! High gloss stuff is very slippery..

If you read the literature that came with your motor, Armor All is what they say to use. Works great and also makes it look nice smile