• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 2009 Turkey Contest Submission Thread.

Borch

Here's mine... you don't get to see my ugly mug, solo hunt. Had a guy at work verify the bird and sign my form for me.

turkey011.jpg

turkey.jpg

turkey008.jpg

turkey009.jpg

turkey010.jpg

turkey001.jpg

Good Luck!

Ken

second spur is 15/16" not 1" as listed on my form... looked like 1" this a.m. on the tape, but is actually 15/16".

TomsTurkey008-1.jpg

TomsTurkey013-1.jpg

TomsTurkey015-1.jpg

TomsTurkey011.jpg

TomsTurkey012.jpg

I had another pic of the turkey hanging in a tree to show the true size of this tom.

Borch, as you can see in the photo, the beard is really 10.5 and not 10 if you would like to score the higher. If you counrt the longest few stands, then its 11 inches long.

I shot one a few years back that scored well enough to be registered #20 for shotguns in the NWTF book. I do believe this bird may move me up the ladder a place or two.

Sad part is, I know I missed a larger bird and that beard was almost dragging on the ground looking at it through my field glasses. Man, that bird would have scored huge.