• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cat Tip of the Day: Frisbee Cut Bait Board

SteveD

This is an old Cat Tip that I thought I would post again since everybody is getting ready for the cat season. If you are looking for a cheap and easy cutting board for preparing cut bait, pick up one of those plastic Frisbees. Turn it upside down, and start cutting away. They are plenty sturdy for cutting suckers or shad on and the rim doesn't allow slime, blood or bait chunks to leave the cutting surface. You can pass the bait plate to your buddy with ease and they rinse off and store easily too. Next time you go by a Dollar Store just pop in there and they usually sell lots of frisbee for the perfect price - $1.00. A cheap, perfect cutting board.

Ya Haven't tried that one yet. I normally use my creekside fillet kit for cut bait. It came with two cutting board two fillet knifes ( both have two size small and large )a boning knife, a little red knife sharpener, and one of those long metal sharpeners. All for 15 bucks. It also comes in a hard plastic case. Easy to store in the boat or carry with too the shore.

Steve's idea is great and cheap. I have also used the 5 gal lid and an old Buck Knife and a rock also grin

Last year I lucked out at the Bargain Cave and found this Salt Water setup for next to nothing:

Cuttingboard.jpg

cuttingboard2.jpg

I have about 3 spots set up around my boat where I move it to. It is nice because I can cut big baits, filet, chop or what ever. I just tilt it back and the juices and blood run right off into the river. When done, I have a little coffee can I use to dump some water on it and then I just dunk the whole thing into the river. It worked out pretty slick.

that is a good idea, the top of my tacklebox thanks you.

prolly good for leech cutting when panfishing with the kids too, no doubt.

AND if you have your lab in the boat, you have something for him to chase when you stop at the sandbar.........

Another nice thing about the Frisbee is that it can serve multiple uses (When shore fishing at least) - it's cheap entertainment when the sun is still up and your waiting on a bite.

RRZ's cutting board almost looks like a cribbage board!