• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hummingbird or Lowrance

bassNspear

Originally Posted By: olski
Originally Posted By: Bass Whacker
if you get one of the new high def lowrance pretty soon they will have a add on for thier own side imageing technology. I heard its supost to be out at the end of the summer and those new hd units are sweet so that should be a very cool package
As far as Lowrance's "side scan" goes it does look pretty cool. There are still some ?'s about it that they are pretty tight lipped about. Like release date first it was the classic, then I-cast, the latest i've heard is the 1st of the year, so we will have to wait and see. Like alot of guys are saying I have had Lowrance my whole life but last year pre fishing with my 3rd $1000.00 unit in 2 weeks not telling me how deep I was and getting no help from cust. serv. I had a couple HBs. sent and would not go back. In fact my SI is the only thing that came off my boat when I sold it.

Olski,

Maybe im misreading the quotes, but,

Where are you seeing Lowrance sideimaging images.

I would assume you took a look at he site Deitz posted. I had a confrence call with Lowrance a couple months ago and that's when I saw the Pics. and the kind of half answered questions started.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last Z20 I had a Lowrance 520C on the bow and Humminbird 787 and 797 si on dash. The Humminbirds had better contour definitions and the Side Imaging you connot beat.

My new boat has a 787 on bow and a 997si on a Ram in the cockpit.

Both are great units, I personally prefer Humminbird.

reddog- i have seen the images as well, they are just screen captures, I'm sure if you search the web you should be able to find something. The images look pretty much the same as the birds, but a different color. If I remember its gray.

Yea, Ive seen that image before.

Deitz, is that your current email, as it bounced this morning when I tried to send you an email?

Well I used to have a VX hulled ranger, so I will see... I'm guessing a 21'er will give a better ride than a 19'er. I have been in plenty of skeeters and thought the ride was pretty similar to a ranger... If you want a really good ride, buy a champion, those hulls are the mint! Just my opinion...

I wouldn't go that far! lol. I considered them, just ended up with a skeeter. I'm pretty sure that a guy will catch the same amount of fish no matter what brand bass boat he buys... they are all very nice and all have there own good features... At least that's how I feel.

The roughest ride I have ever been in was a Skeeter. That being said, it was due to the driver more than the boat. I have been in other skeeters that have rode very well. And a 21' should be a great ride no matter the boat for the most part. I will agree, Champion is best rough riding boat out there.