• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thoughts on opening day........

Redline

I am curious what some of you guys' predictions are for this years opening weekend. I know it will depend on the weather the next few weeks, but last year was the best opening weekend I've had.

I fish up in the Brainerd lakes area and the fish were all shallow and aggressive last year. I was pounding them on 5" senko baits.

Looking at the late spring last year, do you think they were still in the spawn at this time? I did see some males on the beds, but a lot were empty.

I dont know but we had very good opener also. And the bit was on longer into the summer than some years.

I agree. I wish I would've kept records, as far as temp, air pressure, wind, etc. It was such a good weekend I just want to figure out if I can find similar results.

Last year the weather was extremely lousy on opener (I fish WI so it was a different weekend). Couldn't trigger a bite anywhere. The second weekend though (coinciding with MN opener) fish were up shallow chasing spinnerbaits. Hopefully this year is 70 degrees with overcast and a light southerly breeze.

I think it will be a good opener. A lot more normal than last year. My main concern is that the weeds aren't as bad throughout the year as they were last year on every lake I went to.

I think they just got such a late start that they were never able to catch up to what they should of been. I remember water temp in the high 40's in June, and not that far north.