• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Can They Tell???!!!

With the new regs for this year about one over 20", how can the DNR tell if they are from inland waters of not?!

Because I fish the Croix a lot and the only reg down there is nothing under 15".

How can the DNR tell what waters the walleye's are from?

Or when I go up to the BWCA, how can they tell if they were caught in hoist/back bays?!

It just suprises me how they can make exceptions on one half of the lake(Basswood) and on the other half it's the same as the MN regs..

We'll all have to play w/ the honor system I geuss. The DNR can tell where a few of the ifsh around the state has come from; atleast if the fish came from a hatchery. Some have a tattoo that will show up under a blacklight or something along those lines.

If the water body is on the border the whole thing is considered boarder waters. Usually the tributaries are outlined by some sort of landmark. On Pool 4 of the Mississippi where I most often fish the boundaries are the railroad tracks on each side of the river.

Note that the fishing seasons are often different on boarder waters than inland waters.

If you are unsure of the boundaries you should contact your local CO.

mw

It says in the Reg book that in Hoist and Back Bays, you can keep your limit of 6 walleye's any size. And in all the other parts of Basswood it's the MN regs.

So why is it that way?

If i get checked at the portage or they come out and find us, how can they tell which bay i caught them in if i have more then 1 walter of 20"?

Just keep one and don't worry about it! Those 20 inch fish should be put back anyway. For myself, the new regs aren't going to effect me at all. I don't keep anything over 18 and will only put it on the wall if it is over 30. If you question yourself and are worried about the "what ifs", just don't put yourself in that situation and you won't have any problems.