• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buzz baits

pascooter94

what do you mean by plain? Plain metal? Plastic? Clear?

I personally don't think blade color matters a whole lot, unless you want some contrast with the body. But I'm sure there are people that think it's very important, so I guess that is up to you!

I'm with many here, in that color for topwaters isn't all that important. I think your bigger issue will be sound. A colored blade is either plastic or painted, and will have a different sound. I do think that sound will affect how well the fish bite.. I'm kind of boring when it comes to buzzbaits.. Anycolor will work as long as its white or chartruce or a combination of the two.

Some of the blades are anodized or a dyed color, yet maintain the sound of the regular metal blades. Just another option if you like to have colored blades. I like the brass colored blades myself, but also use the silver blades. A neat trick to add some sound to your blades is to drill some holes through them to leave a bubble trail and give a little different vibration in the water. A sharpie or two in the boat can quickly add some color to the blades as well if you feel it is important.

Like Dietz said, the color doesn't matter as long as it's black or white for me though.

I prefer a double bladed buzz bait for the simple fact that they make lots of noise. I have found certain single blade buzz baits to kinda get a "torque steer" during the retrieve because the blade wasn't quite the right size. Double blades help alleviate that problem if they spin in opposite directions.

I agree with you Sled. I throw a buzz a lot. I usually will attach a trailer hook to increase hook ups and nab those short strikes. I usually use white or charcuse as well and have used black in stained water as well as evening on clear lakes. The dark or black provides a strong visual profile / siluette coupled with the loud clacking of the boyah clacker on the blade. I pretty much always have one of my bait casters tied up with one on.