Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CC Hurl

25 Yamaha Question

7 posts in this topic

I was hoping someone here can help me out. I purchased this motor new from a biusness run out of a home. Like I said the motor is brand new. Well it may have 15 hours on it now. I do like it but have one concern. There seems to be exaust coming from a spot were I dont think it should. I could be wrong but should the exaust only be coming from the prop area?

It is near the bottom of the lower unit. What happens is when I run it for a day trip or something there is carbon built up in an area that I feel should be sealed.

I have some pictures but do not know how to post them on here. If someone could help me post some that would be awsome.

The Motor is under a two year warenty and I have not yet used my first year, so I want to get some opinions from people who would know better.

Thanks alot for your input.

CC HURL

to post pics put them on photobucket, copy the fourm code on it and paste here.. doenst sound too good but pics will help out!

There are several different places that it can come out, yes the prop is the main place, but there are also exhaust reliefs and places for water to drain down. Posting the pictures will help.

Boatfixer can I send you some photo's so you can take a look?

I wish I could get them on here but can't seem to get it to work.

I hope there is nothing wrong with the motor and want someones opinion that would know better.

With it under warenty obviusly I want to address it soon.

Thanks for your reply.

CC HURL

boatfixer,

Sorry for the delay on sending the pic's your way.

Not sure if you received them but I just sent about 5.

Thanks again

CC HURL