• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many crankbaits do you have?

mrpike1973

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a hanging box for my crank baits, I thought a 96 compartment box was good enough. Until I started putting my rapalas in it. I have over 120 in that box. Plus 4, 9x13" plano boxs with none rapala baits. Alltotal My best guess would be close to 200 Cranks, Not counting the muskie box.

I recently joined "Crankaholics Anonymous." I literally just got done ordering more. (I'm embarrassed to say how many I just ordered, and how many I've accumulated in last 2 yrs.) I'm up to 4 special mate boxes and 1 B&B double side box, with little room left for incoming cranks. Also have a more than understanding wife. (at least about the ones she knows about. she may not know about all of them hidden in different areas...ssshhhhh.) Good luck, and be careful!!

Boy?! and I thought I had too many. Just off the top of my head I'd say about 3 dozen or so. At what point does some need to consider a program like "Crankaholics Anonymous"? laugh

A couple of "symptoms" I noticed where 1) not being able to buy just one. Sometimes 2 was enough, but usually 4 of a certain size and color. 2) Having to buy 4 of the next size up or down. 3)starting a collection of "spares" still in the box, down in the basement 4)searching c's list for crankbaits (even though you know there's almost no chance of finder any "keepers". 5) Buying cranks in February.

Another big one for me was/is the "pursuit" of discontinued colors / patterns. I have a favorite pattern that was discontinued 3-4 yrs ago. It's getting tougher and tougher to find it, but when I do, and get them, it's compares to the thrill of hunting / fishing.

I was just going through all my tackle the other day. Started counting all my lures and I had no idea how many I had before. There was 344 cranks without counting what I have in the boat and not including my muskie lures which is way worse of a problem. You know how women have a problem with buying shoes,we must have that for for fishing lures.