Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrpike1973

how many crankbaits do you have?

55 posts in this topic

howdy all i have is 17 hardbaits raps heddon a spro etc just curious what others have i shore fish so i probably dont need to many my wife says i have way to many how about you

I bought a hanging box for my crank baits, I thought a 96 compartment box was good enough. Until I started putting my rapalas in it. I have over 120 in that box. Plus 4, 9x13" plano boxs with none rapala baits. Alltotal My best guess would be close to 200 Cranks, Not counting the muskie box.

I recently joined "Crankaholics Anonymous." I literally just got done ordering more. (I'm embarrassed to say how many I just ordered, and how many I've accumulated in last 2 yrs.) I'm up to 4 special mate boxes and 1 B&B double side box, with little room left for incoming cranks. Also have a more than understanding wife. (at least about the ones she knows about. she may not know about all of them hidden in different areas...ssshhhhh.) Good luck, and be careful!!

At last count I was over 160, I would venture to guess somewhere around 185 right now?

I may do a full overhaul of the tackle box tomorrow and I'll count'em up!

Thanks LMITOUT, rereading that reminded me that I've bought way to many since last year...

Boy?! and I thought I had too many. Just off the top of my head I'd say about 3 dozen or so. At what point does someone need to consider a program like "Crankaholics Anonymous"? laugh

Crankaholics would be a big group and I would be one of them. I haven't counted lately, but I believe I am close to 100 and counting. Doggone sales. I still need to get the sexy shad color. See what I mean...

I just went through mine and I only have around 160. Thats plenty for the little I use them.

Boy?! and I thought I had too many. Just off the top of my head I'd say about 3 dozen or so. At what point does some need to consider a program like "Crankaholics Anonymous"? laugh

A couple of "symptoms" I noticed where 1) not being able to buy just one. Sometimes 2 was enough, but usually 4 of a certain size and color. 2) Having to buy 4 of the next size up or down. 3)starting a collection of "spares" still in the box, down in the basement 4)searching c's list for crankbaits (even though you know there's almost no chance of finder any "keepers". 5) Buying cranks in February.

Another big one for me was/is the "pursuit" of discontinued colors / patterns. I have a favorite pattern that was discontinued 3-4 yrs ago. It's getting tougher and tougher to find it, but when I do, and get them, it's compares to the thrill of hunting / fishing.

I was just going through all my tackle the other day. Started counting all my lures and I had no idea how many I had before. There was 344 cranks without counting what I have in the boat and not including my muskie lures which is way worse of a problem. You know how women have a problem with buying shoes,we must have that for for fishing lures.

holy cow i thought 17 was respectfull i look like i have a crankbait deficit problem he he

17? Hah smile

I have about 70 or so, and I trimmed that down from 125+. If I wasn't an Americorps worker I'd probably have about 300, yikes!

Crank baits are like baseball cards when you were a kid -- You just can't have enough.

300 +/- 50 some still in the boxes ,,I need another "Special Mate"

LAS

I didn't count but I would guess around 150, but I always fall back to using the same 6 that I know produce. The rest just sit in the box and wait. I did count my open water rods and I have 33 of them. I might have a problem.

I'm probably around 50, but I just added some more and haven't gone through them all yet.

Wow some people have 300+ cranks. I have 24 cranks but i rarely use them so that might be part of it (but i'm only 18).

Well I just counted up my hard baits, and I have a total of 459. 333 crankbaits, 72 Jerkbaits, 54 topwaters.

Hundreds, I don't really want to know exactly. I do have pictures of my crank boxes in case they ever get stolen and I have to explain to my insurance company why I carry a few hundred cranks in the boat.

mike