• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires for F150 with 18" wheels

Time to get a first set of new tires for my baby, my '05 F150 FX4 with 18" wheels. The tires I was planning on getting don't come in right size.

Any suggestions? I'm looking at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo or the Goodyear Silent Armor.

Thanks

So far i have been impressed with the BG Goodrich rugged trail T/A's on the Tundra.

agreed. ive had good luck with mine also. i got a buddy that runs them on all the trucks hes had and he claims it get alot of miles outa em(he also drives pretty hard). i got 20,000 on mine and they got all kinds of tread left. but i take it pretty easy since they dont exactly give em away wink

Quetico -- I have an 04 Supercrew and put the Revo's on it 2 1/2 years ago. No complaints here -- great ride, smooth and quiet. I have 48k on them and I'll be replacing them this fall. I'm guessing I'll have 55 - 60k on them by then.

Not knocking any of the suggestions here...but also Consumer Reports rates the Revo's very well.

Good tire.

I wouldn't waste my money on a set of Revo's the tread loads up with rocks. They came on my 08 GMC (18" wheels) and I had them taken off, they were horrible. Always full of stones, even after a couple hundreds miles of tar. I had an 05 F150 FX4, when it came time for tires (70k)I went on the favorite auction site and bought a brand new take off set, 18" FX4 wheels and bf goodrich rugged trail tires for $650. Sold the old wheels and tires for $250. The factory tires were also rugged trails, they were decent. Money no object I'd go with the BFG all terrains, thats what went on my new truck.