• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bulk fireball jigs?

slick2526

Does anyone know where to get fireball jigs or something simular with the extra eyelit for stinger hooks in bulk? Im looking for a kit that has 1/8 to 1/2oz or buying bunch of each weight separately.

thanks

I don't use many stringer hooks that clip on any more. They come unhooked from bait just to snag the bottom. I have been using the stringer rig that you hook over the top of a bait.(Rubber or plastic coated loop)plus I can use them on standard jigs.

Haven't used the Cabela's version, but look like a good deal if they fish the same. But, unless you're fishing the river, or other snag infested waters, 10 or 12 at a time is better than 25 or 100. I've bought too many up front, and wound up with beat up jigs, rusty hooks in some cases, and discolored heads. This could have been avoided by storing them better / taking only what I needed, I guess.

I've never had jigginjim's problem with the fireball stingers (when I feel I need them, which isn't too often), and find them much easier to keep "lifelike" presentation then plastic coated, over the hook and bark type stingers. Good luck.

I believe Milaca Unclaimed Freight has some of the biggest bulk buy (fireball style/color) jig head packs I have seen and at a good price.

The other thing I have come to love is the Lindy Exchange Jig bulk kit. They work awesome and you get a ton of sizes.