• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod holders

True

I run the lil pro flatliners. they have a 25 degree rod angle. I have been happy with these. I might move to the pro line up of theirs on my next boat in a few years.

the lil pro shaft diameter is 3/8"

the pro's are 1/2"

Terrific info! Thank you. All of you!

I'll be outfitting my boat with 8 rod holders shortly. 4 on each side, mounted from front to back.

As was mentioned earlier, I too have multiple applications where I'll set up perpendicular to the current flow and set 4 lines spaced appropriately just ahead of a snag .

I'll also often need to use holders for trolling and drifting applications.

Is there anyway that some of you might be able to share how you have your rod holders configured, or arranged in your boats? I'm just curious about placement in terms of the different ways they are used.

Thanks again for the great information! This HSOforum is so powerful, and all of you have been incredibly helpful. Thank you.

So I have some skinny rails on my boat, they're 'pretty' flat, not perfectly, but not what I'd call rounded. I don't have a lot of room underneath where I'd be able to tighten some nuts underneath. So I guess I'm wondering what kind of mounting brackets would you suggest for the driftmaster rod holders? I'm thinking the side mount bases, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

full-37198-32310-img_20130420_211827_203

full-37198-32311-img_20130420_211810_435

So I have some skinny rails on my boat, they're 'pretty' flat, not perfectly, but not what I'd call rounded. I don't have a lot of room underneath where I'd be able to tighten some nuts underneath. So I guess I'm wondering what kind of mounting brackets would you suggest for the driftmaster rod holders? I'm thinking the side mount bases, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

full-37198-32310-img_20130420_211827_203

full-37198-32311-img_20130420_211810_435

i used #12 stainless sheet metal screws to mount mine, and im fairly certain i could use them for a anchor cleat