• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moving a 12x12 shed?

DRH1175

I found a nice free 12 x 12 shed in Inver Grove Hts and I need to get it to Wyoming. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this. Would a flat bed trailer and a come along get this baby up. Is there a towing business that moves things like this?

I would think a towing company would be able to get it done. I've had my 10x16 fish house moved twice on a flat bed with no problems. if you do it yourself with a trailer/come along, that would be alot of work, well worth your time to call a local tow truck company with a flatbed.

Here is my take on it. Twelve feet is to wide for the road to transport normally. If you do it yourself you will need the proper trailer, the wide load permit, and all the correct signage to go with it. If you have a mover move it from Inver Grove Hts to Wyoming it is probably going to cost you more than the shed is worth, unless it is one really nice shed. That's my opinion anyway.

That long of a distance I would go with a moving company. Or like R_O_Osakis said what is the coast to build one by your self. I'm sure a moving company would give you a quote. Or what the heck go for it. I moved a 11x12 on my sled bed trailer double axle. But I only had to go six miles. Had some friends help pick up one end to the point of balancing it. Then back under it as far as could, lowered it down and then pushed it the rest of the way. But had five guys to push. Two 25 foot straps just made it over the top to strap it down. Slid off same way. Good Luck.

Agree to take the shed, then turn around and sell it on [YouNeedAuthorization] and make it someone elses problem. Then take the money from the sale and build your own in Wyoming.

Pretty hard to figure how moving it could pay off.

Cut it in half. Thats what I did with a 10x16 two trips though assuming you have a two place trailer. You can remove some siding and screw 2x4 into the studs horizontily one on each side extending beyond the ends to use as handles to help lift. You might have to reroof to get a water proof roof agian.