• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Lions Off-season Thread!!!

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Stealing a page from FG:

This thread is for ideas on what moves the lions should make or have made in the off-season...re-signings, new coaching, trades, free agency, etc...it will change throughout the off-season as moves are made.

of course that all depends on who the lions draft,trade,and sign.

discuss

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where this thread should start out of respect. The Loins should have dumped Wayne Fontes when Barry Sanders was in his prime; something the Vikings could learn from. What a [badWordUsage] shame Barry never seen a superbowl.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

It would suck being a Lions fan. However, it does appear the Brass are committed to improving. It will be interesting to see what the do.....

What do lions fans think they should do?

Lions fan here. Why dont know why, always have been one and wont jump the ship. Hopefully the new brass can pick some players that wont flop. Its gotta change someday. They need to address the oline 1st, and then somehow find a franchise QB. Not changing coaches like used underware might help as well. They have made some decent moves on D. Just hope they all mess and can stay healthy.

Chad

Btw I have a harrington jersey for sale if any wants

I'd take it, but I just threw my pocket change in the piggy bank and its a pain to get it out. You coulda been 78 cents richer.

BTW, all kidding aside, I had Kevin Smith on my fantasy team last year, and I think he is going to be a really good RB someday. He had some sparkling moments last season, and I think he will be around for awhile

Well with the curse of Bobby Lane " the lions will not win for fifty years" over 1958-2008. Our new Qb went to the same high school as lane did. Could this be an omen of better things to come. I just pray that they dont rush this kid and use the next 4 picks the right way. They may have a chance as millen nuts isnt around anymore.

Lions will do better then the Queens this year, I HOPE!!!

Brian, you may be right, it looks as though the Lions are determined to improve their team this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go from last to first. Our division isn't a very tough division, it will be a close interesting season anyway.

“I always want to win,” Foote said. “If you ask my friends and family, if I don’t win, I get angry. I want to win by any means. You go to my house, and you see holes in the wall right now from video games. I’m a competitor. I want to win. I didn’t look at the record. I said, ‘Shoot, I’m going to help them.’ ”

Foote wants to help his hometown off the field, too. He just bought a house here. He will continue to be active in the community -- no matter where he plays in 2010 and beyond.

“Detroit is on the up-and-up,” Foote said. “We’re starting fresh with the football team. We’ve got a new mayor. We can’t do nothing but go up, to be honest.

“But people have got to be willing to roll up their sleeves and get to the root of it and turn things around, and I’m definitely one that’s on the positive side of that. I’m excited. Just off the field, just doing stuff in the community and reaching these young kids and getting this place turned around.”

I like this guy, maybe this will be a year that I wont have to have my head in the sand. That time has to come.

Chad.

my quess is 13-3 loss to pats in SB. Well, well maybe not. Give us 3 years. well, well lets see how this new management team works. So far the job has been good. Did a short term fix on the defence via free agents. Went O with the draft. Next year hopefully they go D in the draft and O free agents. Sounds like a good formula. Hell maybe farve will come here to get some more revenge?