• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Packers Off-season Thread!!

Rick

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

With the Packs draft, I think the division is definitely up for grabs between the Vikes, Pack and Bears. They all moved up a notch or two. The Lions look to be improving as well.

The Pack did a nice job getting Raji if he can stay healthy and Matthews a jouneyman type LB could add depth for their new 3-4.

I think the Pack had a fantastic draft. The first 2 picks are solid and a great way to solidify the 3-4. It was tough to see Crabtree sitting there and pass on him, but Raji is a stud. It's going to be a great season and the NFC North should be a difficult division this year.

I agree Shiner...They should have an immediate impact, plus having Cullen Jenkins, Nick Barnett & the secondary healthy again will help.

Driver and Jennings had over 1000yds receiving, Rodgers over 4000 yds passing and Grant over 1200 rushings yds with a bad hammy.

The division will be a battle this year.

Yes, I got a bite wink

I don't know, can anyone remind us again what were the records from last year? I think one of has forgotten!

The past doesnt mean anything!!!! If it did I would tell you how many super bowls Green Bay has!!!

The past has as much to do with sports fandom as the future. Of course, we DO tend to pick which parts of the past about our teams we talk up and which we ignore.

Is it our fault that we can focus on Super Bowl/championship victories and the Vikes fans can't? I don't think so. winkwink

The only way the queens will have a better record then the pack is if they pick up number 4!! Then its still a [PoorWordUsage] shot. Vikings have the easiest schedule too which will help them out!!

Where is the Vikes schedule easier? 14 games are exactly the same as the Pack. 2 games are different. The first game that is different is 3rd place TB for you and division champ Carolina for the Vikes. We get a 12-4 team and you get a 9-7 team. The other game that is different is the Pack get the third place 9-7 Cowboys and we get the division champ 12-4 Giants. So where is it that we have the easiest schedule? OOPS... eek Maybe just some hedging of your bet with some early excuse making? laugh

The Pack should be tough this year. Good draft for talent and need. Kampman making the adjustment to a new position may be the biggest key. Rogers answered all the questions last year so no worries there. I think the question may be, is the defense of two years ago the level of talent it has or did they just come back to earth last year? Injuries were a factor but there was more to it than that it seemed. If they do improve the defense they will be in the mix all season long.

Raji signed this afternoon. Can't wait to see him in real game action, he is a man child!!!!! Can't wait to see some smash mouth Defense, that's what's been sorely missing. A touch of that and we'll surprise some people!!

Agreed. The offense was solid last year, the defense was porous at best. You have to be able to stop the run!

Have fun at the game!!! I went two years ago and had a blast. Its the best game day experience in the NFL.

Doubt Raji is going to play. I read this morning he passed the physical and conditioning test and is in good shape, so that will help get him on the field sooner. The more reps the better for him!!!!

Quote:
Rodgers, Packers look sharp in shutout of Browns

Rodgers directed two long touchdown drives before departing, and Green Bay's new 3-4 defense gave Quinn and Anderson fits in the Packers' 17-0 win over the Cleveland Browns in their preseason opener Saturday night.

Rodgers went 5 of 10 for 102 yards and completed a 53-yard TD pass to Donald Driver on the opening drive. Driver initially looked over his left shoulder on the long third-down pass, then swiveled right to catch the ball in stride past safety Abram Elam, who was late rotating over on the play.

Rodgers followed it with an 11-play drive that included a fourth-and-5 conversion on a defensive holding penalty and was capped by Ryan Grant's 2-yard TD run.

While the Packers made a few defensive mistakes, the pressure more than made up for it.

Aaron Kampman, converting to linebacker from end and forced to play more pass coverage, watched Quinn zip one to receiver Mike Furrey between him and linebacker Brady Poppinga on Cleveland's opening drive. But he slammed Quinn to the ground moments later when no one picked up his rush from the right side.

Kampman got his hands on Anderson, too, breaking through and grabbing enough of Anderson's throwing arm on his first atttempt to disrupt the play. Anderson's second pass on his next drive was lobbed up for grabs after getting more pressure by Desmond Bishop and Tramon Williams intercepted it.