• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Packers Off-season Thread!!

Rick

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we have Sage blush

STF..This is the only reason I explained...we just can't keep the purple fans away...they secretly love the pack.

They were even trying to get Brett Favre, they took one of our kickers, an aged safety...who's next, our retiring water boy?.

I am a fan of football. I have a cabin in Wisconsin, I like watching the Packers play. As long as the Viking's and Packers aren't fighting for a playoff spot, I cheer for them. I would have to say the Packers are my second favorite team, again as long as they are not competing for a playoff spot. Now Favre, I wasn't on that band wagon, never was.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
But we have Sage blush

STF..This is the only reason I explained...we just can't keep the purple fans away...they secretly love the pack.

They were even trying to get Brett Favre, they took one of our kickers, an aged safety...who's next, our retiring water boy?.

You want us to stay on topic, you can try to stay on it yourself. You can't have it both ways. It is right and correct we stay on topic here and that includes Packer fans.

I was on topic. Just explaining how the purple fans can't get enough green and gold.

I am sooo tired of Ted T not spending any money on a decend free agent. Does he get some special prize for youngest team in the NFL honors each year?

They will. Remember they had some bad injuries last year (Jenkins, Grant, Barnett,etc...) Plus, they have a much better D coordinator than last year. Plus, Rogers and Jennings will be a year smarter/better, and they aren't into their prime yet. Plus (yeah I know its getting old) we have a good amount of draft picks to bolster both lines and get a pass rusher to compliment Kampman.

They lost a bunch of games by less than a touchdown, two on missed field goals, those could definitely swing the other way next year.

Here's the 2009 schedule.

1 Sun, Sept. 13 vs. Chicago Bears NBC 8:20 p.m.

2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.

3 Sun, Sept. 27 at St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m.

4 Mon, Oct. 5 at Minnesota Vikings ESPN 8:20 p.m.

5 Bye

6 Sun, Oct. 18 vs. Detroit Lions FOX 1 p.m.

7 Sun, Oct. 25 at Cleveland Browns FOX 1 p.m.

8 Sun, Nov. 1 vs. Minnesota Vikings FOX 1 p.m.

9 Sun, Nov. 8 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers FOX 1 p.m.

10 Sun, Nov. 15 vs. Dallas Cowboys FOX 4:15 p.m.

11 Sun, Nov. 22 vs. San Francisco 49ers FOX 1 p.m.

12 Thu, Nov. 26 at Detroit Lions FOX 12:30 p.m.

13 Mon, Dec. 7 vs. Baltimore Ravens ESPN 8:30 p.m.

14 Sun, Dec. 13 at Chicago Bears FOX 1 p.m.

15 Sun, Dec. 20 at Pittsburgh Steelers FOX 1 p.m.

16 Sun, Dec. 27 vs. Seattle Seahawks FOX 1 p.m.

17 Sun, Jan. 3 at Arizona Cardinals FOX 4:15 p.m.

THE 49ERS!!?? Come on....they will loose a few bone head games...I figure the losses like this. One to the Bears, one to the Queens, Probably lose to Baltimore and the Steelers. Maybe the Cowboys......and then yet one more boneheaded loss to someone who they SHOULD beat. 11-5 or 10-6.

Win the Division

I remember in the late 70's my Dad complaining about the Packer O line and D line........even the great years the last 12 or so years, the lines weren't great. That being said, I pulled my Nitschke Jersey out of the closet this morning, just to make sure it still fit, my wife (viking fan) asked me what in the world I was doing with that thing on. I simply smiled, hung it back on the hanger and told her it is almost time for mini camp

I thought about using, " I think I broke his freakin neck" but knew that she would have given me one of those, "what did he put in his coffee this morning" looks.........Don't worry cooter, when you get married, you'll know what I am talking about

I truthfully thought she would have broken my nose

I hate to say it but the Pack just made a really good pick. Raji is going to be a stud.

Agree koonie, he could be a force in the middle for years to come. I like Matthews too but I think Ted gave up too much to move up and get him. Who knows though, if he had him rated higher, then it wasn't too much.

I think the Pack had a fantastic draft. The first 2 picks are solid and a great way to solidify the 3-4. It was tough to see Crabtree sitting there and pass on him, but Raji is a stud. It's going to be a great season and the NFC North should be a difficult division this year.