Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott Stein

N.Y. Shooting

22 posts in this topic

Looks like someone went out and made us people with guns look bad again! 12 or 13 dead is what I heard and a bunch in the hospital. Wait until the anti's get wind of this! Another example of how IDIOTS WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE!!!!! It's not the guns fault, but the anti's will make it sound that way!

The only people giving up their guns are the ones who want to. Put your paranoia at rest. Continue to show others how a sane person can own and bear(sp) arms and you will be fine.

yes this is a tragedy. and i hope all those affected can somehow find peace in their lives.

Well said guybehindthetree. Welcome to FM by the way.

I sure don't know what is behind, some theories but thats all they are, these mass killings but I saw a report its up to 5 in the last month across the states.

Is it the time of year? The economy? What are the theories? I just don't understand what brings a person to that point.

It's really sad.

I think it maybe the exsposure they get that fuels them.

Its ironic this guy was just laid off from IBM and probibly offered to be relocated to another country. Whats ironic is he had come from another country and had been a citizen for 30 years. Not to defend the guy but I think that would put me over the bend.

Sorry, not me. I understand "Employment At Will". I couldn't justify killing people because somebody moved my cheese.

Totally agree with you. If I ever go over the bend I think the worst would be kicking the neighbors cat as far as violence.

Totally agree with you. If I ever go over the bend I think the worst would be kicking the neighbors cat as far as violence.

then you would have a problem with PETA.

Sorry to hear, any loss of human life is tragic.

Hopefully its only the cat for me also, sorry Kitty...

It seems we can't go very long with something like this happening and it's terrible.

I can also agree with what Scott is saying. It's the one person here and there who makes all of us gun owners look bad. I'm proud to be a NRA member. Our second ammendment rights are attacked every day and they do thier best to preserve them.

The majority of folks handle stress and hard times in life on their own and work things out. It's the few that make the headlines by flying off the handle and doing things like this. There is no excuse for taking anothers life. I don't care how bad you think life is, there is no excuse.

Have you noticed that it is always men that do these things. Hmmmmmm.................

Latest news is that he worked at ShopVac not IBM. His father works at IBM.

The ShopVac plant closed in November I think.

They just had a news conference and gave out a few more details. The shooter did have on a bullet proof vest and they believe he took his own life when he heard the sirens - police were on the scene in under 2 minutes.

The individual had been let go from ShopVac and was takeing english classes at the center up into march...

Heres some more info.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30042172/

Have you noticed that it is always men that do these things. Hmmmmmm.................

Seems to me you are right, never thought about it before. Maybe it's because women will just suck the life out of them in a slow, more devious manner? wink

Women would rather make a man live and torture him day after day. Thats why husbands usualy die first.

but seriously. I cannot understnd what goes through a persons mind at this point. I would rather blame the media for basicly sensationalizing this by putting it and only it on the news for 12 hours and giving the guy 1 last hurrah as he diesalong with a dozen other innocent people. Some in the same media will turn around and do a report on how and where he gets the guns trying to find some dirt there. I would rather see a story on archery in the schools or a 16 yr old girl going to the olympics in skeet shooting.

Latest news is that he worked at ShopVac not IBM. His father works at IBM.

The ShopVac plant closed in November I think.

blush Never had that happen before the media reporting bogus info. laugh

My prayers go out to the victims and all involved.

What company would want to take credit for letting him go?

I know it's in no way their fault, but when they say even bad publicity is 'good' publicity. I think there is always a line.

It's hard to get a dose of reality living in a cultural and racial melting pot. Especially when there is already a troubling bottom for many in this country.

After the mourning takes place, I'm all too afraid that it will feed the fire of insecurity towards law-biding responsible citizens and their firearms.

"A manufacturer will close its Endicott site affecting nearly 200 workers.

Shop-Vac is closing its plant at Grippen Avenue.

It's only been in operation for about 3 years.

The plant assembled and molded plastic parts for vacuum cleaners.

Senior Vice President David Grill says Shop-Vac wants to become more efficient.

It will move the work to the main facility in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

Grill says some of the employees may be offered work there.

The company will do what it can to assist others in finding jobs.

The Endicott facility will close it's doors on November 26th."

-------------------------

yep. don't know what he did before working at shopvac.

Not quite always.

CASSELBERRY, Fla. — A central Florida woman who fatally shot her son then killed herself at a shooting range said she was the anti-Christ and that she needed to save her son.

In rambling, teary audio recordings left for her boyfriend and authorities, as well as shorter suicide notes, Marie Moore, 44, apologized several times and said repeatedly: "I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell."

Authorities said Wednesday they still had no motive for the murder-suicide that shocked fellow customers and employees at the Shoot Straight range in Casselberry, about 10 miles north of Orlando, on Sunday.

"We have no clue. I don't even want to begin to speculate," said Deputy Chief Bill McNeil of the Casselberry Police Department.

The gun range's security video shows 20-year-old Mitchell Moore taking aim at a target in a booth when his mother, 44, walks up behind him and points a gun at the back of his head. In the next frame, the son is seen falling to the ground and a nearby patron appears to alert others as he points to the unseen carnage.

The gun used was rented at the range.