Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foulpole18

Radio In op

8 posts in this topic

I disconnected the battery on my truck and tried to go through the process to unlock the battery. Well that didnt work well so now it says on the display "In Op". I was wondering what a guy has to do to be able to retry the process of unlocking the radio.

The truck is a 2001 2500 HD Chevy Silverado. I have the process to unlock the radio, but now cannot do anything.

Thanks

Brian

Give the dealer a call and they should be able to give you the code to put in. You may have to leave the battery cables diconected for a while (I think it may be up to a hour) before it all clears out.

If the radio has a programmed security code and you dont know it, you'll have to go to a dealer to have it unlocked.

Page 3-31 of your owners manual (really guys and gals there is a lot of really good information in these!!)

If you enter the wrong code eight times, INOP will

appear on the display. You will have to wait an hour with

the ignition on before you can try again. When you try

again, you will only have three chances to enter the

correct code before INOP appears.

thanks for the tip about leaving the key on for a hour. that worked and I got the code right so everything works.

thanks guys

brian

how do you change this code when you buy a used truck? if you didnt get the previous owners code?

I dont know if you can change it. I got my code when I had some work done on it at a shop. The mechanic called and got the information and wrote it down and gave it to me.

i had that same problem with my truck. but im not exactly sure what i did to reset it. i disconnected the battery and reconnected it a couple times and all of a sudden it cleared that code? maybe try that i dont know if it will work for you but worth a try i guess lol.