• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I saw large bunches this morning about 3 miles west of West Fargo.Lots of water yet from the flooding and there were snows in the air all over between West Fargo and Mapleton.But pretty tough to get at them since most off pavement roads are pretty soft yet.

I just got back from the Bismarck area today and there are birds all over in the stubble fields along I-94 in that area. I doubt you could throw a rock and not hit one. Bring your mud boots with!

Today I drove 100 miles down the red river valley, and most birds I saw were really high. Its not like they have any water to rest their flight on.

I know there are a lot in the area, but I haven't specifically scouted them. If the flood water isn't too bad I may try get out on Tuesday.

Well we were over by Devil's Lake for a couple days. Tons of birds around, but there is so much water it's unreal. Most of the geese we saw never got up, they could be in a "lake" and swim over to eat some corn without ever flying anywhere. There was no predicting what they'd do. Nice to be out though, except the mud made everything a chore.

Anything closer to the rugby area at all.....or do they stop about 10 miles all around Devils Lake like normal? I'm headed down highway 2 from Mn to Minot and would love to see 'em in a huntable area. Is the DL region posted up pretty tight?

Was out hunting by fesseden over the weekend and we ended up getting 25 birds. There wern't many birds still around. We tracked down two semi-decent flocks and hunted them each day. Alot of watet in the fields made it for some tough hunting

Brian, I was out within 1-2 hours west of fargo, early last week, and this last sunday.

We were scouting for snows, and they're all gone.

We were hoping to find some stragglers, but couldn't find anything. I don't know if there is just too much water, but in 7 hours of scouting the only white birds we saw were about 500+ swans.

It was nice to see thousands of ducks, and honkers. I'm going to have to start fishing to take my mind off waterfowling...

If people are heading to ND, I would go as far north as possible.

Lat sunday there was some birds west of Fargo. I was supposed to go up to my families hunting shack in Cando this weekend but that feel through!! Still a lot of birds in the Devils Lake area!! Im gonna try to get up that way this weekend!

Just got back snow goose hunting!! Its pretty much over. Put on 900 miles this weekend. Found very few bird. Most birds we saw were along the ND-Canadian border north of Devils Lake!! And there was only a few thousand there, and most were juvies. There was a few birds scattered from Lakota to Devils Lake to Cando area.