Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mrfish1991

Oh Shimano why do you do this to me?

Recently I was shopping for a new reel at my local GM. I was browsing the reel rack when I noticed something that I wasnt very fond of. All of the new Shimano reels for this year come in either the 1000 or 2500 size. The 1000 is a little too small for my tastes and the 2500 is to big for my personal fishing style and the rods I have.

Does anyone know why they didnt produce any reels in the 1500 size this year? The 1500 was the perfect size for me and I miss it (as bad as that sounds)

does anyone else agree with me?

BTW...I went with the Solstace in the 1000 size, it should get the job done

I agree it doesn't make much sense. We now have less options and the raised prices. Should have purchased a few more when they were on sale last fall i guess.

Just One more reason why I look at other reels before Shimano.

Lots of reels just as good for less many out there in my opinion.

Yes I have many Shimano reels but they are all purchased on sale or traded for.

I do really like the new Shimano's but I dont like the price increases and the lack of sizes available.

Look at Okuma, phuegler and Mitchel. All have some very nice reels at good pricing.

thanks Northlander i might have to do that. All my rods are paired up with a reel right now and i believe all of them are shimanos (just bought ANOTHER one today in the 1000 size)...i should be done with new reels for now but I will keep that in mind for next time.

Try the letter after D-Bay if you know which model you want. I have seen tons of shimanos on there. Just make sure the seller has a ton of feedbacks and a good % of positives.

Originally Posted By: Black_Bay
Shimano makes the Sahara in a 1500 size.

Not this year.

Opps it was the Symetre RJ that comes in a 1500. They say the Sahara does but when you open the specification tab there isn't one.