• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oh Shimano why do you do this to me?

Recently I was shopping for a new reel at my local GM. I was browsing the reel rack when I noticed something that I wasnt very fond of. All of the new Shimano reels for this year come in either the 1000 or 2500 size. The 1000 is a little too small for my tastes and the 2500 is to big for my personal fishing style and the rods I have.

Does anyone know why they didnt produce any reels in the 1500 size this year? The 1500 was the perfect size for me and I miss it (as bad as that sounds)

does anyone else agree with me?

BTW...I went with the Solstace in the 1000 size, it should get the job done

Just One more reason why I look at other reels before Shimano.

Lots of reels just as good for less many out there in my opinion.

Yes I have many Shimano reels but they are all purchased on sale or traded for.

I do really like the new Shimano's but I dont like the price increases and the lack of sizes available.

Look at Okuma, phuegler and Mitchel. All have some very nice reels at good pricing.

thanks Northlander i might have to do that. All my rods are paired up with a reel right now and i believe all of them are shimanos (just bought ANOTHER one today in the 1000 size)...i should be done with new reels for now but I will keep that in mind for next time.