Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jari Razskazoff

My plan for the next two weekends.

13 posts in this topic

So the river is high, and the lakes are cold, if open at all... Is it worth driving to Iowa, or even Missouri? Maybe the southern-most lake in Minnesota? What would you do, and where would you go to land some fish this weekend, and next?

I'm pretty sure next weekend almost all lakes metro area and south will be open, but what's your plan for the weekend?

I am going to be patient, but I completely understand your need.

If I had to go fishing this weekend, I would probably drive up to LOW and fish for some walleyes. I think you still need an extension up there.

My father, who lives in Albert Lea, told me that the lakes are open around there. You caould fish for panfish only, but it saves a lot of driving compared to Iowa and Missouri. Instead of ice fishing at LOW, take your boat to the Rainy River for the early season walleyes up there on the open water. I saw tons of boats going through town headed north yesterday.

I would go to rainey river hammer some 'eyes, Got some buddies up there this weekend

I'll be on Prior this afternoon trying to find some crappies.

I would be hittin up the Rainy River once they start going. For me, I'm gonna wait till next weekend and head to South Dakota!!! Cant wait to get in the boat. Once last time out on Mill Lacs for perch this weekend though.

I hope my dad will want to go to pool 4 or 3 this weekend for some eyes!!

I doubt it but he might say ok..

Saturday April 4. A bunch of us will be on the ice on Big Sandy chasing big crappies.

You're welcome to join us.

Saturday April 4. A bunch of us will be on the ice on Big Sandy chasing big crappies.

You're welcome to join us.

Make that Tuesday or Wednesday and I'd love to drive up there.

I went and explored some streams in the red wing area, with an ultralight, and some barbless spinners. I explored a couple new areas, and found a school of trout 50 strong... Beautiful, but smaller Brookies! I was only able to catch a couple out of that school before they wisen'd up, but now i know.